Long past due..who is the most TALENTED comic book artist of ALL TIME?

Willie

Bring me back some Gushers and a Sprite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, USA
Lee, Kirby, Mike Deodato, McFarlane, Miller, LeSean Thomas (anime but I count him fasho).

Hard to name just one GOAT especially when everyone brings something special to the table.

Daps
You guys got an old Breh reminiscing for the good old days. Lol.
I have not followed comics in decades so I can only suggest for my time and to be honest I have favorites for specific heroes/reasons.

Jack Kirby - he was like the grandfather of comic artists for me. (I originally hated his style but grew to love it) It is a shame that he got his due much too late.
Steve Dtiko - my favorite Spiderman artist - I know I am old but I loved his pop art style. (check out his first Molten Man vs Spidey issue)
Jim Aparo - my favorite Batman artist - I loved the way he always drew Batman's cowl as high as a skyscraper - lol in the issues of Brave and the Bold
Neal Adams - for his sheer photorealism he brought to anything he did. (he was wacky though with his theory of a growing earth in real life)
Gene Colan - only loved his Daredevil. he was my favorite for that comic.
Gil Kane - loved his cover art on everything.

for WOAT I would like to put up Don Heck. What he did to the Avengers back in the day is a shame. Lol.
I will have to check out some of the artists listed so far as they look pretty great. Now where does a Breh head out to buy comics without getting ripped off ....

Ridge Forrester

All Star
Daps
Jack Kirby. The Fantastic Four, Thor, the X-Men, the Avengers, Magneto, Doctor Doom, Silver Surfer, Galactus, the Kree, the Skrulls, Black Panther, Wakanda, the Savage Land, Asgard. He practically built the Marvel Universe.

Last edited:

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Jim Lee is THAT dude, no doubt. But I have to throw Ron Lim in it as a personal favorite. His work on Silver Surfer and Infinity Gauntlet made me want to draw just like him.

Daps
Kubert brothers..Andy and Adam. One drew for Wolverine and the other drew the main X Men title. Notably Fatal Attractions, Age of Apocalypse..Onslaught

the Kuberts? Buscemas?

Yep the Kuberts. Man I LOVED them dudes art growing up.

For years I've been trying to remember their names. Thank you:salute:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I won't go as far as calling him the goat of any period, but I fukking loved Jae Lee's art back in the day and how he worked with lighting and shadows. His X-Men and Wildstorm stuff was good, but I really love what he did with the Dark Tower. That world is perfect for his style.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
2100056.jpg
Yep the Kuberts. Man I LOVED them dudes art growing up.

For years I've been trying to remember their names. Thank you:salute:
Adam had one of my all time favorite covers with the "Spirits of Vengeance Venom" crossover. shyt still some of the illest shyt I even seen. That shyt is fukking raw:wow:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Salvador Larocca, Frank Quitely, Leinil Francis Yu, Joelle Jones, Mike Mckone,

Alex Toth GOAT just off versatility

Last edited: