Long Hot Weekend: 25 Shot in New York Over Just 48 Hours

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With temperatures soaring over 90 degrees, New Yorkers faced the hottest weekend yet this year—and the most violent. In 48 hours, over four boroughs, 25 people were shot, including a 15-year-old protecting an infant and an 11-year-old paralyzed by a stray bullet.
The Daily News tallies the violent weekend, which ended with six dead and at least 19 injured, the bulk over a 24-hour period from Friday night to Saturday, when 14 people were shot.
The two days of bloodshed represented 5% of this year’s roughly 440 shootings. Despite the violence, that figure represents a 23% drop compared with the 574 victims shot through this time last year.
The dead are Ivan Martinez, 21, killed early Sunday morning in the Bronx; Damien Powell, 25, fatally shot in the chest on Sunday afternoon in Crown Heights; Terrance Davis, 24, who died Sunday after being shot on Friday; Antonio Wilson, 23, killed in Clinton Hill; and Damion Riley, 39, shot dead in East Flatbush. The name of the sixth victim has not yet been released.
In Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn, 11-year-old Tayloni Mayzick was paralyzed when a stray bullet from a gang shooting went through her neck and into her spine. Her great-grandmother, from whom she gets her middle name, Lucille, died the next day. "It was too much for her," Tayloni's father Robert told the Post.
In the Bronx, 15-year-old Sarah Rivera was shot in the leg as she pushed a baby carriage away from the sound of gunfire. "Everybody started running, so I went to grab the carriage," she told the Daily News. The baby's father—a stranger—tied his shirt around her leg as a tourniquet.
"We should have more gun control,” Rivera's mother said. “I wish they could just make guns extinct, period."

Ice Water

Nothing
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With temperatures soaring over 90 degrees, New Yorkers faced the hottest weekend yet this year—and the most violent. In 48 hours, over four boroughs, 25 people were shot, including a 15-year-old protecting an infant and an 11-year-old paralyzed by a stray bullet.
The Daily News tallies the violent weekend, which ended with six dead and at least 19 injured, the bulk over a 24-hour period from Friday night to Saturday, when 14 people were shot.
The two days of bloodshed represented 5% of this year’s roughly 440 shootings. Despite the violence, that figure represents a 23% drop compared with the 574 victims shot through this time last year.
The dead are Ivan Martinez, 21, killed early Sunday morning in the Bronx; Damien Powell, 25, fatally shot in the chest on Sunday afternoon in Crown Heights; Terrance Davis, 24, who died Sunday after being shot on Friday; Antonio Wilson, 23, killed in Clinton Hill; and Damion Riley, 39, shot dead in East Flatbush. The name of the sixth victim has not yet been released.
In Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn, 11-year-old Tayloni Mayzick was paralyzed when a stray bullet from a gang shooting went through her neck and into her spine. Her great-grandmother, from whom she gets her middle name, Lucille, died the next day. "It was too much for her," Tayloni's father Robert told the Post.
In the Bronx, 15-year-old Sarah Rivera was shot in the leg as she pushed a baby carriage away from the sound of gunfire. "Everybody started running, so I went to grab the carriage," she told the Daily News. The baby's father—a stranger—tied his shirt around her leg as a tourniquet. "We should have more gun control,” Rivera's mother said. “I wish they could just make guns extinct, period."

All types of fukkery goin on when the temp gets hot. 15 year old pushin a stroller on top of that. We losin out chea.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
And nikkas had to nerve to say NYC is getting soft :rudy:

With that being said, terrible, especially that a 11 year girl got paralyzed, I heard the shooter reacted like :jawalrus: when he found what happened to her SMH. Mind you she was not even the intended target.

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
And nikkas had to nerve to say NYC is getting soft :rudy:

With that being said, terrible, especially that a 11 year girl got paralyzed, I heard the shooter reacted like :jawalrus: when he found what happened to her SMH. Mind you she was not even the intended target.

Its too many guns in NYC :lupe:

Dark Knyght

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
0.jpg

It's gonna be a HOT summer B. Get his pool in the back.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The 3 people who got shot on Prospect-Lefferts Garden, is block away from where a girl I went to junior

high died last year, from getting caught in the crossfire as she walked home from the grocery store with her young son and his counsins :pacspit:

And, :to: for the young girl who's now paralyzed, because nikkas can never hit their intended targets, bytches:pacspit:

It's fukked up seeing cacs taking over Brooklyn, but there's parts where we still got to hope not to end up the next "accidental body" :pacspit:

Meta Reign

I walk the streets like, ''say something, n!gga!''
Daps
Reppin
Franklin ave.
The 3 people who got shot on Prospect-Lefferts Garden, is block away from where a girl I went to junior

high died last year, from getting caught in the crossfire as she walked home from the grocery store with her young son and his counsins :pacspit:

And, :to: for the young girl who's now paralyzed, because nikkas can never hit their intended targets, bytches:pacspit:

It's fukked up seeing cacs taking over Brooklyn, but there's parts where we still got to hope not to end up the next "accidental body" :pacspit:

My old hood. Went to Jackie rob for jhs. Sh!t was mad real.