Loner by choice...

Daps
Reppin
VOID
I just turned 29 a while ago. Started a new job, moved to a new city, and all that stuff.

When I was younger, I was really social and outgoing and had no problems meeting people. I would go out on the weekends with friends, meet women all of that stuff. Then, as I got older and friends started to graduate college, start families, and move away I just shut myself in as it was harder to meet people in my case. I remembered I just got to a point where I can wholeheartedly admit that I was pretty damn anti-social. I wouldn't say I hated people (actually it was moreso the things that people do), but I just hated being disappointed by people by putting some sort of unrealistic expectations of them. As well, I found very few people I could vibe with as far as similar interests and things of the like goes.

Now, I moved to New York, and meeting people is no problem for me...but I've been so used to being lonely that I actually enjoy being a loner a lot more. I haven't had a girlfriend in years, and other than a cure for loneliness, I actually could care less about having one. After seeing my roommate get arrested for drama with a jaded last week ex I'm happy I don't have that stress. Plus, I feel I'm at my most successful and brilliant with my ideas when I'm alone cause there's no one there to criticize or judge me. Not that I care about the opinions of others but being alone firmly grounds me in my own world where I can achieve more cause I only have my expectations to live up to. I can focus on my goals of making money, maintaining a good job, working on my creative ventures (art, music, clothes, etc).

I think this is because I get so exhausted from people from work, roommate life etc...I like having the option of taking a detour from people. To go to my fortress of solitude and build...

beck

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how do you deal with work and everyday life related stress? i mean sports is alright and all, but how you go about meeting females and putting effort into sleeping with them if you are a loner, and you enjoy being by yourself more than being surrounded by people? or do you just pay to sleep with girls?

ThugLife

Diehard Jimmy Buckets fan
Daps
Reppin
I bought a Carbon 15 when I was 18
I'm sharing thoughts....fukk it. Does every thread have to have a point? I knew I was wasting my time making this thread seeing everything else that's in this forum.
Did you just raise ur voice at Makaveli?

browserpreviewtmpab.gif

concise

Veteran
Daps
:ehh: I know exactly what you're talking about, but I don't think it's sustainable long-term.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
how do you deal with work and everyday life related stress? i mean sports is alright and all, but how you go about meeting females and putting effort into sleeping with them if you are a loner, and you enjoy being by yourself more than being surrounded by people? or do you just pay to sleep with girls?

I skate. I make music. I do art. I have a clothing brand I've been working on that I'm trying to properly present and put together. I blog. I take pictures, I live life. I don't fukk with sports.

I don't get stressed out from work or co-workers. I'm too old to have people or things have power over me. Mainly my stress comes from money, rent, bills and trying not to fukk up a good job by not meeting expectations by my peers. Other than the people at my job I'm cool with, I just put on a mask for everyone else. Well, really I'm a cheery, happy-go-lucky, and outgoing individual that likes to have fun anyways and I like to joke and laugh and get others to laugh and smile too. That's just who I am.

Women seem to be attracted to this "weird-artsy-skater-aggro-alt-black dude persona" I've had going on for years so I haven't really put effort into meeting women. I just do me. shyt, one of the reasons I'm happy being alone is I was just really sick and tired of "playing the game"....that gets ever so complicated as I get older with all of this social media and technology. I was never some don juan or some player pimp, I ain't too proud to admit that..I used to be that dude that the opposite sex made fun of. Cause I wasn't popular enough...good looking enough...athletic enough...all this shyt. Because of that, I'll admit, talking to women and meeting women was a challenge cause I had nothing to go on. They'd take an interest in me, give me signals I wasn't keen on cause I had very little experience, and when I would try to follow up play myself or get played. This is when I was younger and living in a city with the atmosphere of a high scchool. Then when I got older, grew into my looks, had more confidence and had women interested in the dude, it was just easier meeting women.

I think for me...I just don't even want to play "the game" anymore. If it's as stupid, superficial and trivial as it is now...count me the fukk out. I don't pay for sex either cause I'm not some guy that only has that as a priority. I don't need to either...that's some degenerate shyt. I have other shyt I'm trying to accomplish and take care of.

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
I'm sharing thoughts....fukk it. Does every thread have to have a point? I knew I was wasting my time making this thread seeing everything else that's in this forum.

You're free to share your thoughts. The question is are you content with this or do you wish to change it? That will determine the responses people give you.

You're 29 do you have any intentions of settling down with someone one day? Would you like a group of friends to have? Or are you happy being this way for the rest of your life?

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
You're free to share your thoughts. The question is are you content with this or do you wish to change it? That will determine the responses people give you.

You're 29 do you have any intentions of settling down with someone one day? Would you like a group of friends to have? Or are you happy being this way for the rest of your life?

That's what I meant. I wasn't trying to talk shyt, I just wasn't sure exactly what T/S wanted us to say :leon:

Daps
Reppin
VOID

I hear ya.

I just get a weird sense of happiness from being alone. Like I'm in my own movie. Sometimes I would just love to have someone film me on my adventures skating through New York (I actually had an idea to do this). I'm not content with it though. Being lonely sucks. My best and worst moments came from being alone. I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say though. I have plenty of friends (especially now since I moved to New York)...I just appreciate being by myself much more. I can connect with that spirit and energy that inspires me. Like I said how my best and worst moments came from being alone, I focus on the best moments. Those moments of freedom and true brilliance. Where I felt content with myself and the world an realize what I need to do to make my life more fufilling.

I would like to settle down, have a steady GF...eventually get married and have kids, but I just don't think that's in the cards for me ATM. There's still so much in my life I would like to accomplish. I just feel like I haven't had a girlfriend because I'm kind of a difficult and hard to understand individual. I used to feel like there wasn't anybody in the world for me and I was just destined to be alone, but that's not the case anymore. I just feel like I just don't mesh with what most women want. Always had...maybe this is why I'm so rough around the edges. I refuse to date or have a relationship with a woman who just wants to either change me (cause they don't like something about me but like me enough to try to change me..I only change for myself) or...no that's really it.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
:ehh: I know exactly what you're talking about, but I don't think it's sustainable long-term.
I don't think it is either.

I guess I just wanted to focus on bettering myself. That came from growing up and having so many people try to tell me that all my goals were just pipe dreams, and I would never amount to anything in life, and I would always be this X type of personality that would never go far. Hearing that stuff made me work harder to pursue what I wanted to pursue cause I felt I had more to prove. I wanted to be that dude that had the last and loudest laugh. At the same time, I was lashing out at people and society cause of it. That's why I was alone and felt comfort in being a loner. I didn't grown up like most people either, so maybe that's another reason.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
I'm the same way bruh

I'm even like that when it comes to family, I like to keep my distance.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
A lot of people have too much drama surrounding them and they'll get you caught up in it as soon as they can. I keep about 2 or 3 people close to me and keep everybody else on a hi/bye basis