Logitech is done making Harmony remotes

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
I really don’t have anything bookmarked. When I was setting everything up I just started by buying a raspberry pi then going to the home assistant website for information on setting up. From there I googled “home assistant” followed by whatever device I was connecting.

Yes, it is complex but you have complete control over everything. It’s by no means just plug and play. You have to be familiar or get familiar with Zwave and Zigbee.

I use my phone as a remote every now and then but mainly use Alexa to control the TVs in the house; although most of the time the TVs control themselves from motions detected in the house, based on different times of day, how many people are awake or at home, how many people are present in a certain room. It takes crazy amounts of trial and error to get that in-depth with it.

I have automated fish tank pumps, lights, and wave makers running from the raspberry PI. My microwave, washer, and Dryer all announce through Alexa when they’re done. TV backlighting and lamps change colors based on different scenarios. Alexa asks if I want to turn on the PS5 or Xbox Series X based on my “work” schedule for the day, which is based on my Google Calendar. There’s so much you can do.
:ohhh:

• Dap
Reactions: B86