• 500 acres of land

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
:yeshrug:
Gimmie that 40K.
Unless I'm going to rent/lease that land out to do large scale crop farming, I don't see the sense in owning all that land with no money to do nothing on it.
Heck, with the montly stipend like that, I can cop half the amount of acreage and still have cash to do my own shyt, slowly but surely on it rather than just have 500 Acres of shyt I gotta go out of my way to protect.

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
There is not enough information on this, if the 500 acres is in a high value neighborhood then its something of high value if not the other options are also reasonable as well it needs way more information but just off the top the 500 acres if its in a high value community or neighbourhoods.

LowkeyD

All Star
Daps
40k/month for a year with out taxes is 480k, you times that by 40 assuming the person is 30 so a life expectancy of 70 years old and you have 19.2 million without taxes being deducted.

500 acres subdivided into quarter acre lots equals 2000 lots. That’s 10,000sqft lots. Assuming you can only build on 1800 lots. At just an average of 250k per home you’re grossing 450 million not including permits, construction and materials.

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The average cost of an acre in the US according to Google is 16k.

500 acres is 8 million dollars worth of land

The issue is you need a large amount of capital to develop land like that and setup income streams from it

And if it's 500 acres of undeveloped land it's in a rural area not a lot of people go

You'd need to create value in that space and give people incentive to go, creating multiple businesses

All of that takes time and effort

All of that adds to the risk profile, it could turn out better, it could turn out worse

40k/mo for life, no work required, that $ is coming to you. After 17 years or so, you're at the same $ value as the land, but with no work. Meanwhile 40k/Mo is going to be working for you very easily through index funds. It wouldn't take long with compound interest. You'd be set for life with basically 0 work and massive passive income

I'm taking that option rather than developing a shyt ton of land which requires massive time/effort/capital

It may be worth it to take the land, then immediately sell it, because if you net 7-8m up front, that interest you can live on for life. You're done working.

Last edited:

LowkeyD

All Star
Daps
The average cost of an acre in the US according to Google is 16k.

500 acres is 8 million dollars worth of land

The issue is you need a large amount of capital to develop land like that and setup income streams from it

And if it's 500 acres of undeveloped land it's in a rural area not a lot of people go

You'd need to create value in that space and give people incentive to go, creating multiple businesses

All of that takes time and effort

All of that adds to the risk profile, it could turn out better, it could turn out worse

40k/mo for life, no work required, that $ is coming to you. After 17 years or so, you're at the same $ value as the land, but with no work. Meanwhile 40k/Mo is going to be working for you very easily through index funds. It wouldn't take long with compound interest. You'd be set for life with basically 0 work and massive passive income

I'm taking that option rather than developing a shyt ton of land which requires massive time/effort/capital
If you want to simplify it like that then you could easily take the land and wholesale it to a developer at even a quarter of the cost and instantly pocket 2 million assuming your evaluation at 16k per acre. Putting that to work in an index fund still puts you ahead of the 40k/month option.

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you want to simplify it like that then you could easily take the land and wholesale it to a developer at even a quarter of the cost and instantly pocket 2 million assuming your evaluation at 16k per acre. Putting that to work in an index fund still puts you ahead of the 40k/month option.
Yeah I just edited my post as you replied at the end lol

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Avada Kedavbreh!
Daps
40K a month is way more money than i would ever need.

i could set myself and the people i love up to live in comfort and still have money to do some good for humanity with.

Me and my patna finna dip out and travel the globe getting caught up in all types of ill international lesbian hijinks! :blessed:

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Building a warehouses or other commercial businesses on the land (500 acres is about 21,700,000 sq feet) and then leasing it out $10 dollars a square foot can be extremely lucrative and would net you more income than the other options.

One 30,000 sq ft warehouse would get you 6 figures monthly off one warehouse lease.

Plus all the tax benefits of owning land.

I'm taking the land