LL Cool J ''THE FORCE'' Discussion Thread

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not even gonna lie...first thing I thought. I doubt its the case but man when you hear it you REALLY hear it...

Dope beat, I like the concept but disappointed that Ross and Joe went in another direction lyrically. LL is talking about a type of hood dude, whether you want to call him a boss or not. And Ross and Joe are more on the brag rap shyt...which is fine, I just don't think it fit what LL was doing.

Might be Ross or LL penned that verse for another track and used it for this

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Not even gonna lie...first thing I thought. I doubt its the case but man when you hear it you REALLY hear it...

Dope beat, I like the concept but disappointed that Ross and Joe went in another direction lyrically. LL is talking about a type of hood dude, whether you want to call him a boss or not. And Ross and Joe are more on the brag rap shyt...which is fine, I just don't think it fit what LL was doing.
this..

its still nice versus tho.. but I do wish they were within the concept.

stuff like this is why we have these GOAT talks. everybody aint as versatile with subject matter.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
He didn’t really need the features. I would like this track more with just LL on it.

At this stage in his career, the features help move the track.

I don’t think people are talking about the song as much as they are right now, if he's solo on it. Having "current" legacy artists on it, shows that LL hasn't lost a step and can still rip sh*t with new artists he respects, on the same song. So it was smart to have them on it. Plus, I think Ross wrote LL's verses, so he probably asked to be on it too. LOL!! Fat Joe always says LL is his GOAT, so we know why he's on it.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
I've literally had a song called Saturday Night Special on the drawing board for years ... It makes me so what sad to know that this might be done in a way where the general public will not know what a Saturday Night Special is

See Raven MP25 for the quintessential example

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Beat kinda mid to me but it sounds like something y’all east coast heads would love

Track is decent overall, LL sounds good and got me interested in what an entire album from him sounds like

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where's the proof that LL uses writers? All these claims that Nas wrote the verse when LL has said you can't call yourself the greatest if you use ghostwriters.

We just said it sounds like Nas because it's outta pocket/abstract with the flow

LL probably penned it but for another song and put it on this track
Very dope song nonetheless

Last edited: