"Live show on 4/20" - Anthem presents: LIVE Impact Wrestling (04/20/17)

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
They were getting over a million viewers a weekly on spike. Can they get back on a network like Spike and do decent numbers?
Unfortunately they will never back to the 1.1-1.3's they were getting, just like WWE will never get back to even getting 4.0's. TNA originals like Styles, Joe, Roode are never walking through that door again. WWE has monopolized the business and as long as wwe continues to push non wwe wrestlers, they will continue signing the hottest names.

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you guys think Impact has the roster to make a comeback? Is it a talent issue or merely a booking issue?

The x division guys are really talented. EC3 and Lashley have shown they can be phenomenal heels.

If I was TNA, I'd bring MVP to be Lashleys manager again.
QywhSuc.gif

Apex

Banned
Daps
Unfortunately they will never back to the 1.1-1.3's they were getting, just like WWE will never get back to even getting 4.0's. TNA originals like Styles, Joe, Roode are never walking through that door again. WWE has monopolized the business and as long as wwe continues to push non wwe wrestlers, they will continue signing the hottest names.
You can get the new AJ/Roode/Joe though.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Do you guys think Impact has the roster to make a comeback? Is it a talent issue or merely a booking issue?

The x division guys are really talented. EC3 and Lashley have shown they can be phenomenal heels.

If I was TNA, I'd bring MVP to be Lashleys manager again.

It's a lot of issues. It's lack of talent depth, it's awful storylines like having commentators feud during an entire show, Jarrett bringing in the rejects from his failed wrestling promotion, too many authority figures, useless titles like the Grand Championship, and the list goes on. Also based on that last One Night Only event, they clearly have a subpar Women's Division. Letting so many of their wrestlers walk has been a bad decision.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
You can get the new AJ/Roode/Joe though.
You can, you're right about that. But wwe has the independent scene by the neck, any and every wrestler they can sign they will.

Also, the one thing that used to set tna apart from wwe was the wrestling. And I'll be honest, I can't remember the last time tna put on a great match in the past yr or 2. Yes the broken era put on great fukkery but no in ring classics. Lashley has had some good to great matches, but nothing over 4 stars honestly. EC3 is a great talker and character but still hasn't perfected his in ring craft. X division matches barely get over 5 minutes except for tonight. The tag team scene was the hottest and best in tna for a long time but it's gone into the shyts also

Apex

Banned
Daps
You can, you're right about that. But wwe has the independent scene by the neck, any and every wrestler they can sign they will.

Also, the one thing that used to set tna apart from wwe was the wrestling. And I'll be honest, I can't remember the last time tna put on a great match in the past yr or 2. Yes the broken era put on great fukkery but no in ring classics. Lashley has had some good to great matches, but nothing over 4 stars honestly. EC3 is a great talker and character but still hasn't perfected his in ring craft. X division matches barely get over 5 minutes except for tonight. The tag team scene was the hottest and best in tna for a long time but it's gone into the shyts also
It's disappointing. A true alternative to WWE needs to exist in North America.

We still have njpw so we're good.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
It's disappointing. A true alternative to WWE needs to exist in North America.

We still have njpw so we're good.
Unfortunately WWE has ruined the wrestling biz. Even ROH is not what it used to be, unless they are doing a joint show with NJPW they are pretty bad. Luckily, NJPW will continue to put out piff.

Apex

Banned
Daps
Unfortunately WWE has ruined the wrestling biz. Even ROH is not what it used to be, unless they are doing a joint show with NJPW they are pretty bad. Luckily, NJPW will continue to put out piff.
You think WWE has really ruined the business? There is some great indy wrestling right now like progress. ROH is doing good business.

Cheech&Chong

rip chinx
Daps
Reppin
The whole jb and Josh arguing the whole time is so fukking annoying. Who thought this would be a good idea? We're going on the third week of them just bickering at eachother. And it's not even funny, neither one of them are good in this gimmick. It's totally killing whatever TNA has left, it makes it Un watchable for me

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
You think WWE has really ruined the business? There is some great indy wrestling right now like progress. ROH is doing good business.
The same way Vince did in the 80's, he signed all the local attractions from every regional scene and killed the territories. HHH is doing the same to TNA, ROH and somewhat NJPW. You look at WWE's roster, it's filled with non homegrown talent. NXT is basically ran by ex tna wrestlers, smack down and raw are ran by tna, roh and njpw wrestlers. They are more over than any homegrown talent not named cena or lesnar.

Apex

Banned
Daps
The same way Vince did in the 80's, he signed all the local attractions from every regional scene and killed the territories. HHH is doing the same to TNA, ROH and somewhat NJPW. You look at WWE's roster, it's filled with non homegrown talent. NXT is basically ran by ex tna wrestlers, smack down and raw are ran by tna, roh and njpw wrestlers. They are more over than any homegrown talent not named cena or lesnar.
That's sad man. TNA has the world of sport thing which is a plus.

I would like to see the business thrive again. I think about it every day.

Cheech&Chong

rip chinx
Daps
Reppin

It's crazy, you're right. All the best guys now are TNA and indy guys
I love how everyone hates on TNA but everyone loves aj, roode, Joe and Aries. You can tell they never watched TNA but just hate on it cuz it's the cool thing to do onthe internet