LIVE A LIVE (Switch) (July 22, 2022) (PC, PS5, and PS4 on April 27, 2023)

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Still haven't taken this out the shrink-wrap for Switch :dead:

Key sites are probably gonna have it cheaper than the 20% discount now and I already know it'll run better on the Deck then the Switch before I even try the demo

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I made the mistake of starting with the caveman story and kinda hated it at first. I powered on and this is a great old-school JRPG. It really picks up but you'll probably like certain stories more than others. I wouldn't pay too much for it but it's a good time if you enjoyed that era of gaming

Happy that Sony and PC/Deck gets to eat

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
$34 on GMG if you got an account.

fukk it :manny:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I made the mistake of starting with the caveman story and kinda hated it at first. I powered on and this is a great old-school JRPG. It really picks up but you'll probably like certain stories more than others. I wouldn't pay too much for it but it's a good time if you enjoyed that era of gaming

Happy that Sony and PC/Deck gets to eat

Live a Live was a good game overall. The initial 7 chapters are hit and miss.

The Ancient China chapter was pure piff.
The Ninja chapter is cool, but a little over complicated for newcomers.
The Distant Future chapter was also interesting, since it was all about the psychological horror and almost completely devoid of combat.
The Present Day chapter was kind of trash to me though, outside of the Street Fighter references.

That MIDDLE AGES CHAPTER though :ohhh::whoo::damn::to::wow:
That was far and away the best part of the game to me.

--MAJOR SPOILER WARNING--
Last chance to turn back :hubie:
The way that chapter started off as a generic paint-by-numbers medieval Squaresoft rpg and how the whole storyline got deconstructed down to the very last compound.
EVERYTHING starts going downhill after you kill the fake Demon Lord and it turns out that you actually killed the king.
The people turn against you and imprison you. The last person left who still believes in you gives up his life to help you escape.
Going from a celebrated hero to the most hated villain in town overnight hits different...

Especially when you find out your best friend was behind EVERYTHING. Top 10 betrayal of ALL TIME :pacspit:
It's like man, I thought we were boys. :damn:
This hater really faked his own death, just to get close to the princess so he could lie on the main character and take her for himself.
Then after you're forced to kill this dude in self defense, the Princess kills herself out of grief, and the main character turns evil in the end.

This man Oersted lost his mentor, his king, his people, his girl, his best friend, his reputation, his country, EVERYTHING.

That mess got DARK.

DOG.