Live 18 vs 2K18, which one y'all getting?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I usually agree

But Live is at least different... And cheaper

I picked live for those reasons (and music) but 2k is always the better sim. I just did not spending $60+ on the same game I spent $60+ last year.

But if I get tired of live then its back to 2k

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Live is dope as fukk low key, I gotta salute EA for how they returned to b ball gaming, however, THEY COPIED EVERYTHING LIVE DOES ON THE COURT FROM 2K, EVERY SINGLE THING, EVEN THE CONTROL SCHEME IS IDENTICAL TO 2K'S. With 2K giving MUCH more control to the ball handler it's ahead of the new iteration of Live as far as control, Live feels kinda sluggish at times.

The CPU plays great and realistic defense on both games and I think they are tied as far as CPU players playing like themselves. You can REALLY see Draymond's defensive effectiveness as he is everywhere in both games. Both games have shown GREAT at isolation skills.

After all the trash ass b ball games EA has released, this one is finally fukkin good/great. They came outta nowhere with this shyt, they are headed in the right direction for sure, I hope it sells enough to drop again next year.

momma

All Star
Daps
Live is actually not bad, I played the demo and enjoyed it. However, 2K is still superior. Play that 2KU 5v5 if you haven't and you'll get a feel for the difference (MyCareer is trash). While Live made leaps, it doesn't have a lot of animations, the gameplay is a little bit clunkier than 2K, and its likely lacking in a lot of features that took 2K years and years to implement and improve (ie commentary and prob a bunch of other shyt).

knickscrusaderm

lead by example
Daps
Reppin
dark butts
Live is dope as fukk low key, I gotta salute EA for how they returned to b ball gaming, however, THEY COPIED EVERYTHING LIVE DOES ON THE COURT FROM 2K, EVERY SINGLE THING, EVEN THE CONTROL SCHEME IS IDENTICAL TO 2K'S. With 2K giving MUCH more control to the ball handler it's ahead of the new iteration of Live as far as control, Live feels kinda sluggish at times.

The CPU plays great and realistic defense on both games and I think they are tied as far as CPU players playing like themselves. You can REALLY see Draymond's defensive effectiveness as he is everywhere in both games. Both games have shown GREAT at isolation skills.

After all the trash ass b ball games EA has released, this one is finally fukkin good/great. They came outta nowhere with this shyt, they are headed in the right direction for sure, I hope it sells enough to drop again next year.

Live is actually not bad, I played the demo and enjoyed it. However, 2K is still superior. Play that 2KU 5v5 if you haven't and you'll get a feel for the difference (MyCareer is trash). While Live made leaps, it doesn't have a lot of animations, the gameplay is a little bit clunkier than 2K, and its likely lacking in a lot of features that took 2K years and years to implement and improve (ie commentary and prob a bunch of other shyt).
Most objective views on both games I've seen on this forum :ehh:.

Live 2 years away from being 2 years away. Then they'll really compete

ChuckTaylor84

Penthouse Player
Supporter
Daps
I wanted to grab Live this year but wasn't impressed by it so I ended up Pre Ordering 2K even though i'm getting tired of their bullshyt

Live feels 1 or 2 years away from being great