Lionsgate Is Developing an Action-Drama Film on Yasuke - The First Black Samurai: Chad Boseman As Ya

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
shyt sounds ill.

How they gonna c00n it up? :mjpls:

That Italian missionary.....I can already see how they about to "Django" this.
It did sound ill...

up until this part at the end

“[Black Samurai] is based on the true story of an African whose journey to Japan comes with conflicting background stories,” Gregory Widen tells Deadline, who first reported the news today. “The one I’ve chosen is that he was a slave soldier after the fall of Abysinnian Bengal, a black kingdom run by Ethiopians. He was sold into slavery and found himself in the care of Alessandro Valignano, an Italian missionary. They formed a bond, and when there were complications in Rome, he was sent to Japan and took Yasuke with him. There he met Oda Nobunaga, who was interested in all Western things, and through a series of bizarre events, the Jesuit left Yasukie with the warlord.”

Sold into slavery after black kingdom falls :mjpls:
in the care of an italian missionary :mjpls:
"They formed a bond" :mjpls::mjpls:

Hopefully the movie starts off with the brotha already in japan and we can skip most of that... background story :mjpls:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Yasuke, the first black samurai

Starring Matt Damon

Matt_Damon_66e%CC%80me_Festival_de_Venise_Mostra.jpg
I could definitely see Hollywood execs pitching some shyt like "Tropic Thunder" type bullshyt:francis:

Daps
I like Asian movies, but I don't wanna see no nikka pulling this Dances With Wolves/Last Samurai crap.
I agree with you on that, but at least there is precedent with African samurai considering there is information, japanese artwork depicting early African warriors, samurai and emperors in very early dynasties. There is even a old saying that states "That a real samurai has a bit of black blood".

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think I read he was a former slave so yeah. Movie would've been better as an independent film though. Hollyweird gon do what they do