Lioness TV Series - Paramount + (Taylor Sheridan/Zoe Saldana, Morgan Freeman, & Nicole Kidman/July 23rd)

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I am 30 min into this. There is bytch that looks like Nicole Kidman then I come here and find out the actual Nicole Kidman is in this. Ha ha!!
bytch really going over board with plastic surgery.
It looks interesting.

ETA: Saw both episodes. I fast forward through the love scenes with whats her face and that white man. :hhh:

This article basically explains why I don't like this show.
Taylor Sheridan’s ‘Special Ops: Lioness,’ Starring Nicole Kidman and Zoe Saldana, Is Shameless Military Propaganda: TV Review

I could see why these kind of shows are popular with a certain simple set of the population.:mjpls:

Last edited:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
F1vOZzVXsAATYBE

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I am 30 min into this. There is bytch that looks like Nicole Kidman then I come here and find out the actual Nicole Kidman is in this. Ha ha!!
bytch really going over board with plastic surgery.
It looks interesting.

ETA: Saw both episodes. I fast forward through the love scenes with whats her face and that white man. :hhh:

This article basically explains why I don't like this show.
Taylor Sheridan’s ‘Special Ops: Lioness,’ Starring Nicole Kidman and Zoe Saldana, Is Shameless Military Propaganda: TV Review

I could see why these kind of shows are popular with a certain simple set of the population.:mjpls:

ALL of his shows are popular with a certain simple set of the population. All of the non-whites on his shows, especially the criminals, are heavily stereotyped.

I mostly enjoy Taylor Sheridan's shows because of the absurd violence.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
ALL of his shows are popular with a certain simple set of the population. All of the non-whites on his shows, especially the criminals, are heavily stereotyped.

I mostly enjoy Taylor Sheridan's shows because of the absurd violence.
Yeah all his shyt plays well to that demo partly because he really taps into the idea that America at its heart is a horrific and brutal place, gotta be a fighter to survive and thrive...which plays into and well with classic American exceptionalism.

From a purely thematic perspective though, he's one of the few in Hollywood that "gets" violence. For cinematic violence to have an impact, it has to have a cost. Characters can't just shake shyt off, be revived etc. When ppl die in his works, they usually die bad. It's never really depicted as glorious or heroic, its actually usually quite sad.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
My Dad and his wife watch Yellowstone and all those spinoffs, and I put them onto Taylor Sheridan, his brand, his ascent, his production deal, and watched an episode or twof of 1883

Think you can see where he's spread really thin, haven't watched this yet, but they just don't have the feel of his best work like Wind River

all the elements are there, but feels formulaic and kind of underwhelming.

he signed an insane production deal for like 300 million and made like 6 TV shows. He singularly props up Paramount and Paramount+