LIL WAYNE TO BUILD A SKATEPARK IN 9TH WARD OF NEW ORLEANS

Daps
In honor of National Go Skateboarding Day, Lil Wayne and Mountain Dew(DEW) announced on Wednesday that the DEWeezy Project Skatepark will be located in New Orleansʼ Lower Ninth Ward district. The location was hand-picked by Lil Wayne, who grew up in New Orleans and has become and avid skater and proponent of the rebuilding of his hometown. The DEWeezy Skatepark build marks the next phase of the DEWeezy Project, a collaboration between Lil Wayne (aka Weezy) and DEW that will focus on skate- and music-themed activations.

The DEWeezy Skatepark will serve as the New Orleans destination for all action sport lifestyle enthusiasts, giving residents in the community as well as visitors an opportunity to “DEW you” on and off the various skate features. The parkʼs ribbon cutting ceremony is slated for August 2012. To celebrate the announcement and get the neighborhood ready to skate, GLU Agency, worked with the International Association of Skateboard Companies (IASC) and the Tony Hawk Foundation to produce various community-driven events. One of the events is a “Go Skateboarding Day” skateboard giveaway and skate lesson demonstration in the Lower Ninth Ward.
:gladbron:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
them nikkas don't skate :russ: I never was thru there and seen anybody on a skate board maybe I'm trippin.

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
Who cares what ward he built it in exactly. It is going to generate work for someone and in turn there will be a place for children to go to do something (skate) that involves exercise and social interaction.

If he built this in montana it would still be a good look IMO. I think promoting skating and building parks is dope personally. Even if he is paying his way around.

Daps
Who cares what ward he built it in exactly. It is going to generate work for someone and in turn there will be a place for children to go to do something (skate) that involves exercise and social interaction.

If he built this in montana it would still be a good look IMO. I think promoting skating and building parks is dope personally. Even if he is paying his way around.

:stop:

nah fukk Wayne building a skateparkk, fukk the all the good it will do he just being a poser...

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
lol at trying to hate on this...hustlemania still being a hating ass herb I see

I understand where Hustle is coming from. Just like any type of personal expression that requires talent people don't like someone who just throws money around to fit in with the crowd. No one liked it in sports when the rich kid who sucked had nice basketball shoes or all the fresh baseball equip :laugh:

After seeing the area post-Katrina in person any type of money that goes into rebuilding that area, no matter what it is, I think is a good look. It was a pretty sad sight to see in the richest country in the world.

STEVE

MIami Beach on the check-in.
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, FL
wayne may be posing super-hard but he is doing something positive for kids and you can't hate on that.

Daps
I understand where Hustle is coming from. Just like any type of personal expression that requires talent people don't like someone who just throws money around to fit in with the crowd. No one liked it in sports when the rich kid who sucked had nice basketball shoes or all the fresh baseball equip :laugh:

After seeing the area post-Katrina in person any type of money that goes into rebuilding that area, no matter what it is, I think is a good look. It was a pretty sad sight to see in the richest country in the world.

I dont think thats the right mentaility to have, he isnt the 'founder' of skating....plus, only a biter person could hate on the construction of a skatepark

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Taking up a new hobby is posing?

yall niccas disgust me.

If I was rich as shyt in my mid 20s, I'd find a hobby, too. shyt.

good shyt for weezy though. he built a park with bball courts in like 2008, too.

Daps

there you go.. someones using their brain in here..

the funny thing is, i didnt say anything about the park.. thought the quotes were funny.. whats even funnier, is why this dude feels the need to stick up for lil wayne, everytime someone says something thats not in his favorite rappers light..

truth be told.. i dont care if Wayne has a park inside his house.. it still doesnt take away from the fact, hes seen as a clown amongst skatebarders.. give or take, you can find a few people co-sign him.. but, hell.. you have people that co-sign clowns like Kreayshawn, Riff-Raff and Lil B all day too.. doesnt mean anything in the grand scheme of things.. nor, does it make them "real"..