Lil Wayne Reveals The Artwork & Announces Release Date For His "No Ceilings 2" Mixtape

Kal-El

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Its takes years for an artist to get off a label. Think about it.. It took Saigon 8 years to get off Atlantic and thats Saigon.. Lord knows if Wayne will ever get off Cash Money. At the same time... Could you blame Slim and Baby? This is wayne we talkin about. Dude is one of the few Super stars in the world. Hes on the same platform as Madonna and Bruce Springsteen...its gonna take some years.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Its takes years for an artist to get off a label. Think about it.. It took Saigon 8 years to get off Atlantic and thats Saigon.. Lord knows if Wayne will ever get off Cash Money. At the same time... Could you blame Slim and Baby? This is wayne we talkin about. Dude is one of the few Super stars in the world. Hes on the same platform as Madonna and Bruce Springsteen...its gonna take some years.

madonna is one thing because as a "pop star" i can get the comparison but bruce springsteen?! :what::mjlol::childplease::stopitslime:

bruce springsteeen is an artist's artist; in terms of writin', bruce is almost like bob dylan jr :francis:

wayne is more madonna than he is bruce, bruh :martin:

and if by platform you mean, as cultural icons, ok. i get that. but talent wise, wayne ain't on the same level as bruce springsteen, bruh :russ:

Tunechi

Tunechi Baby
Daps
Reppin
YMCMB
while we're on the topic of wayne and his contract, what about drake? i know drake got a bit of a different contract (or i assume) since he's not directly signed to cash money in the same way that wayne is, but is drake off of cash money now? :patrice:

No Drake is still on Cash Money, but his contract lets him release his own music when he wants. Wayne's contract doesn't.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
while we're on the topic of wayne and his contract, what about drake? i know drake got a bit of a different contract (or i assume) since he's not directly signed to cash money in the same way that wayne is, but is drake off of cash money now? :patrice:
Drake is ymcmb. Lol.

Peep WATTBA credits