Lil Wayne and Big Sean: "My Homies Still" discussion thread

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
1tzpy.png

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
Even though this song is average/wack :snoop: I think people are becoming conditioned to hate whatever Wayne releases now regardless if it's really not that bad..like 50 cent. I think it's pretty safe to say that neither Wayne or 50 will EVER rekindle their past good music making and popularity. They both had nice runs. There is a reason why there are so few Nas and Jay's in the industry. If you think about it, most rappers only have a 2 year self-life at the top of the industry. Ja Rule, DMX, 50 cent, Nelly all peaked in popularity at about 2 years and then downward spiraled/declined musically.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
^i think people have heard enough of him to know what they like. i expect a lot better.

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
^i think people have heard enough of him to know what they like. i expect a lot better.
The problem is, the Wayne that most of the people like (carter 2,Drought 3 era) hasn't been seen in YEARS, so expecting that is setting yourself up for a letdown as a fan of his, he's LONG removed from that zone

kpeezybaby

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem is, the Wayne that most of the people like (carter 2,Drought 3 era) hasn't been seen in YEARS, so expecting that is setting yourself up for a letdown as a fan of his, he's LONG removed from that zone

:manny: and he still had a good amount of haters back then also, so this is nothing new.

HoLLaBaCK

SOHH ICEY
Daps
Reppin
New York
Wayne is washed, Big Sean verse was average...but these day u aint gotta bring your A-Game for Wayne :yeshrug: