Lift lighter weights gets you cut?

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
i want my arms to looks cut and not bulky like Paul pierce arms. Do I lift lighter weights and more sets?

Do a weight that you can do 10-12 reps with instead of 3-8. Especially on cable movements, shoot for 12 reps. Don't need to go to failure every set, only hit failure on the last set.
It will also require you to get that diet in check. Your body fat needs to be < 15% to see good cuts and vascularity in your arms.

Last edited:

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
You gotta build that base first and i don't know how that can get done without doing some type of heavy resistance training in the beginning of your training journey.

Before Serge Nubret passed away he put out his workout schedule and diet (intermittent fasting). I used that workout plan, customized his diet plan and from 2010-2012 and I was arguably the best shape of my life.

Serge Nubret’s Old School Workout Routine - Bold and Determined

I had to put my ego in check and drop the weights to a level where I could complete the workout routine. As your body adapts you lean out and get stronger. Serge was about 210-220pounds and would rep 315-225 for 6-8 sets of 12 on incline and flat bench on chest day. Alot of the bodybuilders of that time from Arnold, Lee Haney, to shawn ray trained that way(with gear) and their physiques speaks volumes.

Good luck

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You gotta build that base first and i don't know how that can get done without doing some type of heavy resistance training in the beginning of your training journey.

Before Serge Nubret passed away he put out his workout schedule and diet (intermittent fasting). I used that workout plan, customized his diet plan and from 2010-2012 and I was arguably the best shape of my life.

I had to put my ego in check and drop the weights to a level where I could complete the workout routine. As your body adapts you lean out and get stronger. Serge was about 210-220pounds and would rep 315-225 for 6-8 sets of 12 on incline and flat bench on chest day. Alot of the bodybuilders of that time from Arnold, Lee Haney, to shawn ray trained that way(with gear) and their physiques speaks volumes.

Good luck

Nice gonna read through this

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Do a weight that you can do 10-12 reps with instead of 3-8. Especially on cable movements, shoot for 12 reps. Don't need to go to failure every set, only hit failure on the last set.
It will also require you to get that diet in check. Your body fat needs to be < 15% to see good cuts and vascularity in your arms.

One thing u forgot to mention is proper form and motion. Make sure the movement in every step is correct and properly isolates the muscle you're trying to work. I started out light and didn't give a fukk what people thought in the gym. I've gradually increased weight and because I trained to lift with proper form and technique it's become second nature.

Even if you can do those 12 reps if your form is shytty then you probably gotta drop some weight.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
One thing u forgot to mention is proper form and motion. Make sure the movement in every step is correct and properly isolates the muscle you're trying to work. I started out light and didn't give a fukk what people thought in the gym. I've gradually increased weight and because I trained to lift with proper form and technique it's become second nature.

Even if you can do those 12 reps if your form is shytty then you probably gotta drop some weight.

cosign 100%

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Good luck

That Serge workout will have you in the gym all night.....52 working sets of 12 reps each on Monday?!?!?:sadcam:

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
That Serge workout will have you in the gym all night.....52 working sets of 12 reps each on Monday?!?!?:sadcam:

Serge said you can customize it to your level if you're a novice or the level of the workout is too strenuous/time consuming. However, you have to make it to that 6-8 set per bodypart. The key to it all is minimizing your resting time and lowering the weights. Serge recommended 30 seconds to a minute MAX rest time in between sets. It was hell for me at first but your oxygen and endurance levels build up as your body adapts.

So instead of 6-8 sets per muscle group, try working 3-4 sets of 10-12 reps per set with 15-30 seconds rest in between sets. The workout becomes more aerobic and muscle building over time and you'll get to that 6-8 set mark.

Long ass read but Serge provided jewels all throughout the thread.

IFBB Pro Bodybuilding

Daps
If you wanna be ripped do lots of reps,but you still have to do some heavy lifts in order to get stronger and build a bigger muscle.