Let's Talk Afro-Geopolitics: Hydro-Power in the Case of Ethiopia and the D.R. Congo

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Yes but Abiy is the one who agreed to US and world bank arbitration which the previous administration had refused. But they were smart enough to step away from the negotiations in the final phase and not sign an agreement. Lol Ras Alula a legend i dont think he lost a single battle. This shyt is not even about technical issues that is just their excuse, Egypt just dont wanna see Ethiopia develop. A stable and powerful Ethiopia controlling the source of their livelihood (Nile) would completely change the power dynamic in the ethio-egypt relationship and the wider region as a whole.

The world bank sending lowkey threats not to start filling without a deal in place or they will withhold financing. This thing became hella internationalized

True, and that was a gaffle on Abiy’s part but otherwise it’s absolutely clear this has always been about Egypt’s need to practice hegemony upon the upstream countries. The very idea of an Ethiopia that can actually lift itself and the region up has always been against Egypt’s wishes.

I dead ass look at them as one of the top reasons why the Horn is so underdeveloped and unstable. That’s why I have so much contempt for their leaders. I’m honestly ready for anything to happen at this juncture. I hope we got another Ras Alula to take care of this shyt if it went the military route.

The thing that pisses me off most is bum ass Egypt gets all that free money from America and waste it on arms and vanity projects instead of water security. Ethiopia is land locked so the water is more important for us whereas Egypt has two coastlines that can take advantage of desalinization. But Egypt’s rulers don’t give a fukk about their people enough to do that. Yeah fukk that, finish the dam and fill that bih up. Sisi and the international community got sumn to say bomb on Aswan and Suez :pacspit:

I’m incredulous as fukk watching this shyt. I’m glad the SA ambassador just said what he said. People need to respect the African Union’s efforts to resolve this instead of running off to outsiders for help. bytch ass Egypt hoe ass sand cacs mothafukk em :pacspit:

• Dap
Reactions: JDH

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
True, and that was a gaffle on Abiy’s part but otherwise it’s absolutely clear this has always been about Egypt’s need to practice hegemony upon the upstream countries. The very idea of an Ethiopia that can actually lift itself and the region up has always been against Egypt’s wishes.

I dead ass look at them as one of the top reasons why the Horn is so underdeveloped and unstable. That’s why I have so much contempt for their leaders. I’m honestly ready for anything to happen at this juncture. I hope we got another Ras Alula to take care of this shyt if it went the military route.

The thing that pisses me off most is bum ass Egypt gets all that free money from America and waste it on arms and vanity projects instead of water security. Ethiopia is land locked so the water is more important for us whereas Egypt has two coastlines that can take advantage of desalinization. But Egypt’s rulers don’t give a fukk about their people enough to do that. Yeah fukk that, finish the dam and fill that bih up. Sisi and the international community got sumn to say bomb on Aswan and Suez :pacspit:

I’m incredulous as fukk watching this shyt. I’m glad the SA ambassador just said what he said. People need to respect the African Union’s efforts to resolve this instead of running off to outsiders for help. bytch ass Egypt hoe ass sand cacs mothafukk em :pacspit:
Egypt talking cruddy about taking military action but theyre already getting that work in the Sinai and looking like they might get tied down in another conflict in Libya. I dont think they want it with ethiopia as well

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Egypt talking cruddy about taking military action but theyre already getting that work in the Sinai and looking like they might get tied down in another conflict in Libya. I dont think they want it with ethiopia as well

That’s exactly why I want Ethiopia to be as bold as possible. Egypt busy enough tryna keep Haftar’s dreams alive (of course they’d support a potential military dictatorship in Libya) so opening up a second front which would be much more difficult in comparison would stretch Egypt’s military thin. Land invasion means fighting throughout Sudan which I highly doubt Sudan would allow or want, by sea would still give ample time as Somalia would be the only potential option and is far enough for ET to amass forces in the Ogaden. We have anti aircraft missiles around the GERD and upgraded our Air Force. I swear I’d love nothing more than to serve Sisi a resounding ass beating and leave their military in shambles. Wish that bytch ass low budget Al Capone lookin feggit would try us.

They already done all they can to destabilize the country by supporting various dissenting forces and separatist groups so I don’t put it past them to try to crank that shyt up more. I wouldn’t be surprised if Suicide bombers ain’t magically show up. Those sand cacs are dirty as fukk and have been for centuries regarding the Nile. It’s rare it’s ever like this, but I feel like anything could happen at this point.

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
That’s exactly why I want Ethiopia to be as bold as possible. Egypt busy enough tryna keep Haftar’s dreams alive (of course they’d support a potential military dictatorship in Libya) so opening up a second front which would be much more difficult in comparison would stretch Egypt’s military thin. Land invasion means fighting throughout Sudan which I highly doubt Sudan would allow or want, by sea would still give ample time as Somalia would be the only potential option and is far enough for ET to amass forces in the Ogaden. We have anti aircraft missiles around the GERD and upgraded our Air Force. I swear I’d love nothing more than to serve Sisi a resounding ass beating and leave their military in shambles. Wish that bytch ass low budget Al Capone lookin feggit would try us.

They already done all they can to destabilize the country by supporting various dissenting forces and separatist groups so I don’t put it past them to try to crank that shyt up more. I wouldn’t be surprised if Suicide bombers ain’t magically show up. Those sand cacs are dirty as fukk and have been for centuries regarding the Nile. It’s rare it’s ever like this, but I feel like anything could happen at this point.
Lowkey now might be an optimal time to start filling with all the other stuff Egypt have on their plate. Similar to how meles capitalized off the political turmoil during the arab spring to start the construction of the dam. And i didnt know they had anti aircraft missiles around the GERD :ohhh:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Lowkey now might be an optimal time to start filling with all the other stuff Egypt have on their plate. Similar to how meles capitalized off the political turmoil during the arab spring to start the construction of the dam. And i didnt know they had anti aircraft missiles around the GERD :ohhh:

Exactly breh, that’s why they putting on this whole show trying to use soft power and threats to stop us. But like you said it’s a similar situation as it was when Meles started the dam. I think that’s why we said we filling the dam regardless of whether or not a deal is made.

But yeah breh, Abiy ain’t take no chances. shyt we had a cyber security team ready for that cyber attack Egypt tried to pull a week ago.

Ya?

Banned
Daps
I have been watching several docs on this conflict.

I 100% side with Ethiopia. North Africa/Egypt has been emboldened And overly entitled due to Western support.

It’s mind boggling the amount of entitlement they feel over a river that they are not even a source of...instead of working on alternatives and even negotiating for something favourable they want outside complete control and want to use the western counties to intimidate Ethiopia from their god given right to develop, these stupid aliens don’t even belong in Africa.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I have been watching several docs on this conflict.

I 100% side with Ethiopia. North Africa/Egypt has been emboldened And overly entitled due to Western support.

It’s mind boggling the amount of entitlement they feel over a river that they are not even a source of...instead of working on alternatives and even negotiating for something favourable they want outside complete control and want to use the western counties to intimidate Ethiopia from their god given right to develop, these stupid aliens don’t even belong in Africa.

Real shyt, and their lack of water security development goes to show what kind of god complex they have over the whole Nile valley basin.