Let's talk about how Splinter Cell Conviction and Blacklist > MGS4, TPP, PACHINKO & SURVIVE.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gameplay > Story

Seriously, you guys really should go back and play Part 4...that gameplay is
f0653ebec01eefba8ed9cbb868aca555.png
Yeah SC Convictions gameplay is better than IV but IV was a much more memorable game imo.

MGSV is better than both. Way better.

You played V?
I had some issues with it but gameplay wise it's much more robust and while the presentation/story took a nosedive imo, it's still better than whatever was going on in any SC game.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Conviction was way too easy to me. Never felt like a challenge, and when shyt got hot, it was way too easy to shoot your way out of a situation. Games like MGS just have much better design and approach to stealth than Splinter Cell. Series took a super hard turn into casual heaven once Double Agent dropped. If it was head to head with JUST 4, I could see this being more of a debate, but it's not taking out 4 AND 5. Nope.

But just to stir the pot a bit...at the time, Chaos Theory was giving Metal Gear a decent run for it's money. If they would've cranked out a couple more SC games like that? They probably could've knocked MGS out, since the story is more realistic and not as convoluted as what MGS has become.

teacher

All Star
Daps
You still consider your Surface a gaming PC? :ohhh:

I considered it a portable gaming pc...nothing more nothing less, I will admit I had unreasonable expectations for it and the NVidia card crapped out on me (thank god it was within warranty) so now I'm getting the newer revision with a fresh battery :win:....i hope....i just finished setting up some hdmi wall plates so I don't have to have my desktop in the living room :win: ...now I just need to build a dedicated gaming rig because it's currently connected to my studio computer which is :flabbynsick: (but runs the games at least as well if not better then the surface dedicated gfx>>>>)Because I need a mobo with at least 3 PCI slots for studio equipment....but I'll settle for a 1070 upgrade to hold me over when I can find a properly priced card...

and

MGS>>SPLINTER CELL

Can Sam fisher finally shoot 5 or is it still that one elbow move :scust:

Last edited:

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Gameplay≥>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>story

Go read a book if you want a story

Whats the point of a Triple A game if the story is wack but the graphics are pretty.... :heh:

Your paying 60 for a hollow fukking diamond...

Read a book... :heh::camby:

Oh yeah Story>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Graphics...

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Whats the point of a Triple A game if the story is wack but the graphics are pretty.... :heh:

Your paying 60 for a hollow fukking diamond...

Read a book... :heh::camby:

Oh yeah Story>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Graphics...
I ain't mention graphics tho... :dwillhuh:
GAMEPLAY fam, the main reason you play games. The reason Rocket League with its PS2 graphics is still running shyt while the Division been DOA despite looking pretty

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
GAMEPLAY fam, the main reason you play games. The reason Rocket League with its PS2 graphics is still running shyt while the Division been DOA despite looking pretty
You guys need to stop believing that the Arcadium is a legitimate indicator of how good ANYTHING is.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's not either or with games.

There's games with both a great story/production values whilst having competent gameplay.

I hate seeing this notion of people going "Story>>>gameplay" without any context.

Of course story won't matter in a game like Rocket League or Mario Kart.:snoop:

In pretty much every other game, story and narrative absolutely plays a part in it's quality. MGS1 would've just been a cool tech demo if it was relegated to simple VR missions.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

There's games with both a great story/production values whilst having competent gameplay.

I hate seeing this notion of people going "Story>>>gameplay" without any context.

In pretty much every other game, story and narrative absolutely plays a part in it's quality. MGS1 would've just been a cool tech demo if it was relegated to simple VR missions.
That's fine, but I find it hard to take seriously when someone doesn't consider gameplay as the most important thing in a game.

IMO it is much harder to get through a game if the gameplay is terrible.

Oh and as far as those bringing up blacklist...Yeah that's a great game as well. I just prefer conviction a little bit more.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN

Unless you're talking about narrative driven games such as Heavy Rain, Journey, Until Dawn etc story holds little value to me. A well done story is by no means a bad thing (eg UC4) but if the underlying gameplay is poor it'll have no lasting appeal.

Sure it's less prevalent in Mario kart & Rocket League but there are scores of other racing games which get no love because they play poorly. MGS V does both very well to me, some only do half and half .

BF4, Destiny, CS multiplayer communities are still popping for one reason only in comparison to games like Evolve, Division etc