LET'S TALK ABOUT HOW NAS STRAIGHT ****TED ON RAKIM ON YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Where is this interview at bruh?

MTV: Rakim, Nas paid you the ultimate compliment in 2004 by recording "U.B.R. (Unauthorized Biography of Rakim)" [on Street's Disciple]. What was it like when you heard that song breaking down your whole life?

"He kind of opened my eyes, like, 'OK, people's watching. People really know about Rakim.' It kind of let me know where I was in the world." — Rakim

Rakim: That kind of puts things in perspective. You got this far and somebody that you respect, somebody that's on a high plateau, took time and showed you love. And to hear a lot of it, I was like, "Where did he get that from? How did he know that?" He does put things in perspective, man. He kind of opened my eyes, like, "OK, people's watching. People really know about Rakim." It kind of let me know where I was in the world.

Nas: Thanks, man. I always wanted to know how you felt about that, 'cause if somebody made a song talking about me and stuff like that, I wouldn't know how to react. I just had to make a song about Ra 'cause if we in there making songs in the studio, let's make songs about things that are important. The dude is important right now, so I made a song about how he inspired [people] a great deal. I used to look at Ra like, "This dude's an alien. He's an alien. He's not from here." That's how I feel to this day.

MTV News.com: Meeting Of The Kings

Still think Rakim pulled a borderline hoe move by praising Nas to his face about the song and then having issues with it later on

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
HE shytTED ON HIM BREHS HOW YOU SAMPLING RAKIM VOICE BUT ONLY SHOUT OUT ERIC B... TF?:bryan:

HAS RAKIM MADE A CLASSIC WITHOUT ERIC B?:ohlawd:

Yes you shytty, z-list poster. Go listen to The 18th Letter. Besides, Rakim was the one who produced most of the work on their albums and was the one rapping. Eric B had the name behind him and did some cuts on tracks, general advertising and that's about all she wrote. Hell, Rakim was the one doing most of the scratches on the tracks as well.

Don't speak shyt on Rakim dunny. You...

Wouldn't understand

Horatio-Caine-discovers-a-Traitor.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL
smh at anybody saying rakim is irrelavent......cause a niccuh aint got a video or spin on hot97 smh......rap fans are the stupidest niccuhs ever on how they shyt on legends of the craft they claim to love........only we do that dumb shyt no other genre does that........ and btw every time nas spits rakim is relavent

FreeNuggz

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes you shytty, z-list poster. Go listen to The 18th Letter. Besides, Rakim was the one who produced most of the work on their albums and was the one rapping. Eric B had the name behind him and did some cuts on tracks, general advertising and that's about all she wrote. Hell, Rakim was the one doing most of the scratches on the tracks as well.

Don't speak shyt on Rakim dunny. You...

Wouldn't understand

Horatio-Caine-discovers-a-Traitor.jpg

18TH LETTER WAS TRASH B, SAVE A FEW TRACKS... THE PRODUCTION WAS ASS AN RAKIM FLOW WAS :gag:

Mr Miyagi

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A Nas fan should know better than to say Rakim is irrelevant, but i think your trolling tbh.

And Eric B played no input in the recording of Paid In Full other than to pay for studio time.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
MTV: Rakim, Nas paid you the ultimate compliment in 2004 by recording "U.B.R. (Unauthorized Biography of Rakim)" [on Street's Disciple]. What was it like when you heard that song breaking down your whole life?

"He kind of opened my eyes, like, 'OK, people's watching. People really know about Rakim.' It kind of let me know where I was in the world." — Rakim

Rakim: That kind of puts things in perspective. You got this far and somebody that you respect, somebody that's on a high plateau, took time and showed you love. And to hear a lot of it, I was like, "Where did he get that from? How did he know that?" He does put things in perspective, man. He kind of opened my eyes, like, "OK, people's watching. People really know about Rakim." It kind of let me know where I was in the world.

Nas: Thanks, man. I always wanted to know how you felt about that, 'cause if somebody made a song talking about me and stuff like that, I wouldn't know how to react. I just had to make a song about Ra 'cause if we in there making songs in the studio, let's make songs about things that are important. The dude is important right now, so I made a song about how he inspired [people] a great deal. I used to look at Ra like, "This dude's an alien. He's an alien. He's not from here." That's how I feel to this day.

MTV News.com: Meeting Of The Kings

Still think Rakim pulled a borderline hoe move by praising Nas to his face about the song and then having issues with it later on

Wanna know what's worse?..is that he had issues with it BEFORE that Nas interview...like around when SD first dropped...THEN he met Nas...praised the song...THEN turned around and.shytted on Nas AGAIN and claimed him and Nas NEVER spoke on the song...nikka was wildin..