Let's talk about books, brehs

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My book shelf is pretty full and after 4 years I'm back on the e-reader wave.
Just copped a new Kindle Paper White and I'm midway through Jackie Robinson: I Never Had It Made (which is amazing by the way). I'm pretty big into autobiographies.

Mostly read nonfiction, although the right novel is always under consideration.
But what's the coli recommending right now?

Don't act like yall don't have time to read books.
Yall read all of PK's 600 reply threads.

:coffee:

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
Currently at barnes n noble reading

The-Punisher-2016-001-000.jpg

If it dont say marvel on the cover i dont want it

:mjpls:

Nah but foreal last time i read an actual book not for class it was probably ASOIAF. Still havent read them all.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
let me post up in here, I need some good recommendations :popcorn: I liked the New Jim Crow btw
Yeah I'm behind on a lot.

I've got that on my list.
A few typical philosophy/business/self-improvement books....Influence: The psychology of persuasion, Thinking: Fast and Slow, No Two Alike: Human Nature and Human Individuality, the Andre Agassi autobiography, that Ta Nehisi Coates book - Between the World and Me....and a few others.

I had a long list of books on my old iphone in the Notes section but when I upgraded to the 6S Plus, I lost them

:francis:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I got the original Kindle when it came out loaded it with a bunch of books and never got used to it

Tried the same thing years later with the family tablet and again didn't like it.

Paper books >>

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I got the original Kindle when it came out loaded it with a bunch of books and never got used to it

Tried the same thing years later with the family tablet and again didn't like it.

Paper books >>
Yeah I was like that.
But when you've got several pounds of books it's a pain in the ass to store them/move them.

Plus I'm pretty weird with my books where I don't like to bend them all out of shape when reading them so I barely open the pages to keep em straight. It becomes uncomfortable after a while. I know, it's weird.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:ooh: I needs that

Also I gotta read:

guns germs steel,
as a man thinketh,
human all too human,
the invisible man,
confessions of an economic hitman

I wanna read The Alchemist again, cause really enjoyed that shyt the first time
noted-ryan-the-office.gif

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
Invisible man is great alchemist is white hipster trash

I read about 30 to fourty books a year if we talkin about 2 to three hundred pagers

More often than not tho ill read an infinite jest type jaunt

Currently reading a fine balance...wondering whats on deck here...i never quit tho

Got dostoeyevsky bolano hume and somethin else on deck i forget it at the moment tho