Lets talk about "A Bronx Tale"

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Awesome movie one of my favorites of all time but it's not on the level of Goodfellas or Godfather 2. Those two are two of the greatest movies of all time. But that doesn't take away from how awesome this movie was, everything from the story, to the acting, to the soundtrack was on point. TBH I consider this an underrated movie. I don't understand how people don't consider this a mob movie. It's a coming of age story but so much of it has to do with dealing with the mob and the way these guys lived for it not to be considered a mob movie either.

The cool thing for me growing up in a mob neighborhood was how on point some of it was. Like how C and his friends looked up to Sonny when they were kids is exactly how it was when I was a kid. Every kid looked up to John Gotti, we knew he was a mobster but we didn't exactly know the extent of it. We also knew at a young age to keep your mouth shut. And also how everything was out in the open. A lot of people watch movies like the Godfather and think everything was secretive and behind closed doors. But like the movie everything was in the open, everyone knew who was who and you dealt with these people everyday and didn't think twice about it. Even mob card games you had regular guys there who weren't criminals but liked to gamble a little.

I feel u
I also grew up in Queens
But it was the same way in the hood for me
As kids we all idolized the drug dealers
We all knew what was what
The drugs, the money, the crackheads, the slang, the code, the d's
It was normal tho
I learned more about the streets by the time I was 12 than I did after
At 13 we moved to a slightly better neighborhood
And as time passed, the drugs and gangs and violence kinda faded some
Or maybe it's there and I don't see it
Or maybe it's normal to me and don't see it as a big deal
Either way, growing up was like shyt u see in the movies

Mikael Blowpiff

#LosIngobernabrehs
Daps
Whenever I see Deniro in a movie and he has a white wife or girlfriend I just look at the screen like :heh: because no matter how good his performance is I just can't buy into it.

Bronx Tale is :ohlawd: btw

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
tumblr_lyod9fcQfX1qzhglpo1_r1_500.gif

:dead: