let's take it back to 99'; your 1st reactions to dr. dre's 2001

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
the 1 thing i remember bout this cd is buyin' both this and redman & method man's blackout! cd the same day
blackout! had come out a couple of months before but i remember me and my cousin paid half n half for both
i got this muthafukka from the old cd store willie's back in the day!
my cousin mom use to have this nice stereo system so the minute we got back on home we put that shyt on
i couldn't believe just how great the album sounded, everythin' bout it was so clean and crisp
precision is a must with a dr. dre record. the vocals, the beats, the production, just all crystal clear
"fukk you" and "bytch nikkas" were instant favorites. i played them 2 non stop, lol
it wasn't the chronic but it was a step back in the right direction of his aftermath compilation

what did you think about this album when it came out? :jawalrus:

Dr.%20Dre%20-%20Chronic%202001.jpg

Dr.%20Dre%20-%20Chronic%202001%20insert.jpg

Dr.%20Dre%20-%20Chronic%202001%20rear.jpg

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can't recall my initial reaction to it but it's obviously a classic album. Look at that tracklist man who doesn't fukk with shyt like "The Next Episode" or "Still D.R.E." I listen to it to this day.

Raheem95

All Star
Daps
nikka i went to the store with my boy from Watts. bought the album and invited the homies and a couple of hoes to party and listen to the album. nikkas was playing spades, dominoes, hoes was shaking what they mama gave them, we had nikkas pulling up in 63-64 impalas. i had fukk this hoe named Keisha too, she had a real ole ghetto booty.

:troll::troll:

Carr

All Star
Verified
Daps
Reppin
Carol City
That No Way Out is so fukking fiah I was real young but I knew it was classic.. 2001 though I play it like it's brand new at time.. Mel Man and Hitman had the best rhymes on this muthafukka

the quality back then was amazing

No Way Out,
Harlem World,
Life Story,
Life After Death,
Marshall Mathers LP,
Guerilla Warfare,
400 Degreez,
Life & Times of Sean Carter
....etc.

all in a span of just 3 years. :mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
ATL paid.. Cali blazed
the quality back then was amazing

No Way Out,
Harlem World,
Life Story,
Life After Death,
Marshall Mathers LP,
Guerilla Warfare,
400 Degreez,
Life & Times of Sean Carter
....etc.

all in a span of just 3 years. :mjcry:
Amazing.. That Black Rob Life Story is so underrated def a classic from tha intro skit with Ms Murray til the end

Daps
Reppin
ATL paid.. Cali blazed
I was too busy bumping Kurupts The Streets Iz A Mutha

:whew:

I love the song The Watcher though
Daz and Kurupt.. KURPUT and Daz nickels and pennies and pounds of hash.. Double up dough double my money.. Make it boil and flip get a grip aint nothing funny.. U can't survive off no conversation and words.. I miss being a young nikka with all this classic shyt at my disposal.. Another classic