Lets take a moment to honor Fred Hampton

kwazzy100

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I remember chopping with this chick that went to high school in Savannah GA. She said her school taught that fred hampton and the Black Panthers were a terrorist organization... Had to school her and tell her to get some books, might link her to the vid in OP

If you're a die hard capitalist and a white supremacists, yeah, he'll be considered a "terrorist ". But he was actually a activist for equality.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
RIP

What do Coli militants have to say about his interest and NEAR success in uniting white, Hispanic, and Asian groups towards common goals? He understood coalitions and their power. Group dynamics. He was beginning to understand political power. I don't think it's a coincidence he was killed when he was killed, given what he was on the verge of doing.

This actually happened in real time and was one of the reasons Stokley left the Panthers; the more Afrocentric and separatist types didn't rock with the Panthers and their rainbow coalition

enEjQAd.jpg

YuO6ri7.jpg

bh3pTCi.jpg

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
That was a nearly 50 years ago. Conditions have changed a lot since then. You have Asians actively fighting against things like Affirmative Action.
Holler at these other groups about being good allies. Black folks for too long have put too much stock into "Rainbow Coalitions" based off people being non-white.

this....alot of these groups went full:mjpls:when they got their numbers up. I mentioned this before how blacks/mexicans (chicanos) were once tight which is why Mexicans were in the Panthers before becoming Brown Berets.