Let's say you catch someone breaking in your house, you got your gun...

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
....in ur nightstand, but you've never ever used it before. Never fired a gun in your life. Not even at a gun range, and you always hoped you never have to.

Do you just pull it out and start dumpin w/o a second thought like
Braceof1911s.jpg

Or, do you freeze up for a few secs and have to think about what ur about to do and whether or not you want to kill this person?

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
Shoot him below the waist.

Twice.

Enough to injure him.

Not enough to send me to jail.

TallFrenchy

Paleo Girl
Daps
Reppin
North America
1. I wouldn't buy a gun without going to a gun range prior to practice
2. I'd shoot the guy. Without a doubt. Not shoot him dead, but shoot him in both knees, then call the police.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Don't see why you would own a gun without learning how to use it. Maybe the scenario would work if it was your first day with your gun and you were planning to take it to the range soon.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Twice.

Enough to injure him.

bad move, you're supposed to shoot to kill. dead men can't sue or give a slanted story of the events to put you behind bars.

Theraflu

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
bad move, you're supposed to shoot to kill. dead men can't sue or give a slanted story of the events to put you behind bars.

Ahhh.

I like this view point.

it's just that here in Europe I've seen so many stories of people in this situation who end up in jail so my mindset has always been in this situation is shoot to disable rather than kill :ehh:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps

Twice.

Enough to injure him.

1. I wouldn't buy a gun without going to a gun range prior to practice
2. I'd shoot the guy. Without a doubt. Not shoot him dead, but shoot him in both knees, then call the police.

where do y';all live? Is it not legal to kill somone who breaks in ur house? In TX, we have that right.

Shoot him the knees and that doesnt keep him from shooting you

Theraflu

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
where do y';all live? Is it not legal to kill somone who breaks in ur house? In TX, we have that right.

Shoot him the knees and that doesnt keep him from shooting you

I live in Germany.

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
I'm aiming for the head.

We have a protective "king of your castle" type law in Alabama. I can do what I want to a person that's INSIDE my home without permission.

They're callin in the coroner. I'll settle that talk with between me and God breh.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ahhh.

I like this view point.

it's just that here in Europe I've seen so many stories of people in this situation who end up in jail so my mindset has always been in this situation is shoot to disable rather than kill :ehh:

oh, this is what they teach over here in concealed/open carry classes. once you pull your gun, give a warning, shoot to kill.