lets say austin and the rock joined TNA

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
WWE the brand is still bigger than those two especially now that neither of them could go full time.

If they appeared on a consistent basis I could see TNA's ratings bumping up from 1.1's to maybe 1.7's... 2.0 on a GOOD week.

Minimal effect.

No one gets it apparently..it's not just Austin and Rock appearing that matters. If you have them come, you need to be proactive. Be ingenius. Them appearing and wrestling their talent means jack shyt 2012. It has to something new and innovative like when Hogan turned heel in 96 or Rock was on fire in 1998 and turned heel much to the crowds' shock...something else. Something bigger than the industry that would get ESPN and Access Hollywood alike talking about it....fans and McMahon have lost sight of that truth. Kind of got it back during the Trump fiasco but that was one deal.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
what? Who in TNA creative do you trust to pull off such an angle? Easy E was proven to be a one trick pony. He had one card to play and that was turning Hogan heel. All that other shyt he did was inspired through ECW, Mexico and Japan.

TNA won't really improve until they hire new creative with new ideas and go on the road. Need to leave that God Awful iMPACT zone. Those fans are trash.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
That's the problem overall though. No creative long term booking..nothing innovative. Always a search for a quick, easy answer. That's to be expected considering those who have lived as easy as the ones who run the company today. What has spending money on Angle, Jeff Hardy, or any of those types really brought TNA? Yeah...Angle vs Joe did their best buyrate once upon a time but that was years ago and they have basically sabotaged Joe and made him as much as a everyday nobody as anyone going today. It's dull. One dimensional. What the fukk is the need for all of that Crimson bullshyt? Hogan showing up and declaring war on Raw? Without the marketing or money angles? WTF were they thinking?:rudy:

Until they venture into something unknown and new, it's the same damn useless cycle. Pretty damn sure a Knockout show would probably eclipse their weekly Impact shows on the rating chart and that's a damn shame:laugh:

Daps
Supposing it did happen, outside of a few weeks worth of TV ratings and a month or two of a bump in buy rates, it wouldn't matter.

You'd think a company that has names like Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, RVD, Sting and talent like Styles, Daniels, Aries, MCMG, etc. would do better and have more recognition but they don't and they can't change it because of who owns the company and who is running the company. Rock & Austin wouldn't benefit TNA in the long-run because booking can't back them up and their huge paychecks probably would finally put the company under.

It's all about brand perception these days for the most part, who is on the roster is almost irrelevant. You can swap rosters and the majority of the people are still going to stick with whatever's branded a WWE show. TNA & WWE are in the same place they are always going to be in, nothing is ever going to change that.

And why the fukk is this guy on the roster page? Mark Haskins

Isn't he the one that has had only 2 or 3 matches and nearly killed himself in all of them?

This.

Maybe Rock would get a couple 2.0s for TNA but considering the names they already do have and they barely crack 1.5 it ultimately wouldn't matter. Historically, Hogan/Flair alone should be a ratings getter considering that HHH/Jericho are WWE's biggest current veterans, WWE Raws this year have been below average save a couple and yet they still double them in ratings every time. In a way TNA's roster of former WWE vets and talented midcard kinda strengthens Vince's belief that no one wrestler is bigger than the WWE.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
TNA's first show on Monday did a 1.8 without The Rock or Austin, if they came, they'd be getting in the 2.0s easily, and the buyrate for their PPVs would probably break 50 K

They'd be doing much better. Catch up to the WWE? Never.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
right now if those 2 joined TNA(hypothetically of course)

1. would yall start watching it like you watch wwe?

I'd only watch the segments featuring those two.

2.what effect would it have on TNA?

None....Neither guy is every going to be a regular performer and TNA is so incompetent they'd fukk it up somehow. TNA has signed major stars before and not been able to capitalize on it properly.

Jeff Hardy
Kurt Angle
Samoa Joe
AJ Styles
Ric Flair
Hulk Hogan
RVD
Sting

If TNA can't make things work with those guys why should I believe they could make things work with Rock and Austin?

The only person TNA could sign that might actually make me pay attention to them and make the company better is Paul Heyman.

Takerstani

Extraterrestrial
Supporter
Daps
I still wouldn't watch. It was better years ago when I stopped watching initially.

BeerOnTheBeach

Pro
Supporter
Daps
no effect. people watch wwe on instinct, not because of who's there. if cena turned up in tna, wwe would still be the company, and tna still wouldn't be shyt.

jeff hardy was on cena's level during his last run with the e. no one can deny that. his merch was selling godly amounts, people were paying to see him, etc. he could return to the WWE tomorrow and EASILY be the 2nd biggest name in the company, ahead of Punk and right below Cena. however, once he showed up in tna, he simply didnt matter anymore. I bet millions of kids around the world who watch WWE regularly don't even realize Hardy is still wrestling. they probably think the match with Punk was his last.

the e makes those nikkas, not the other way around. vince :wow:

true story, my 10 year old nephew came up to me two weeks ago and said "I wish Jeff Hardy was still alive, I miss him".