Let's keep it real... PS5 & XSX should be of launched in 2021

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
100% agree. Both these consoles need more time in the oven. After a month I'm not really impressed. Best part is that they're fast. Honeymoon phase was over faster than BotW and Nintendo switch launch.

I finished demon souls, it was a cool pretty game. But honestly I shoulda flipped both my shyts

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Most console gens don't have much great games in their first year. The first year usually has games that just shows off the new hardware, and even then, that effect is muted due to diminishing returns.

It's only Nintendo that tends to come out swinging early

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Y’all really have selective memories.

Lemme take y’all down memory lane. Walk with me.

Please go back and look at them PS4 launch titles. This is Sony’s best launch, first party wise, in for ever.

Even 3rd party wise shyt ain’t get crackin on PS4 until destiny came through the following September (2014).

hell even the first year games announced for ps5 blows PS4s out of the water.

y’all don’t remember second son didn’t come out till March 2014, and was cool but wasn’t a true home run smash. It was good, graphically but more like an appetizer.

drive club came out that fall and it was mid until the updates. The order 1886 came out February 2015 and was a fukking flop. Really big missed opportunity for ready at dawn. Game had potential.

it wasn’t until March 2015 that blood borne dropped and Sony had a certified hit.

That’s almost 2 years before Sony dropped an undeniable hit.

Sony has already announced games for 2021 one that should far surpass the PS4 first year of exclusives.

To remind you, they are trying to drop the following next year:

Ratchet and Clank
Horizon 2
Destruction all stars
Gran Turismo
God of war
Returnal

Add that with Demon souls, Miles Morales, sackboy, astrobot and you have a potential GOAT first year for a publisher.

vs:

killzone
Knack
Little big planet 3
Resogun
Infamous
Drive club
Tlou: remastered.

to top it off, you couldn’t even play ps3 games on the 4 so you really ain’t have as much shyt to play on the 4 as you do on the 5. I get to play updated versions of GoT, Days Gone, no mans sky etc for free.

And don’t get me started on the hardware. The PS4 didn’t even have 5ghz WiFi in it or a fukking uhd drive for movies.

We all know it used budget ass laptop cpus for a processor. The HDD topped out at SATA 2 speeds not even fukking sata 3. This shyt was outdated soon as it dropped and by a lot.

the ps5 has fukking WiFi 6, uhd drive, usb-c ,usb 3.1 and an ssd speed that ain’t even widely proliferated yet.

Not to mention a desktop grade CPU this time based on recently released architecture. Can do 4K 60, 1080/120, or FauxK/30 and minor ray tracing. PS4 had trouble hitting a clean 1080/30 at times.

both console makers came out swinging hardware wise and it shows, especially compared to last gen consoles when they released.

software wise, Sony is looking to have a big first year and its evident with what they have announced juxtaposed to what they had announced for PS4 at the same point in its life.

msft got shyt in the tank with halo, forza, hell blade 2, and probably a couple more things I’m forgetting.

Not to mention, next gen patch for cyberpunk will drop in the spring as well.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Y’all really have selective memories.

Lemme take y’all down memory lane. Walk with me.

Please go back and look at them PS4 launch titles. This is Sony’s best launch, first party wise, in for ever.

Even 3rd party wise shyt ain’t get crackin on PS4 until destiny came through the following September (2014).

hell even the first year games announced for ps5 blows PS4s out of the water.

y’all don’t remember second son didn’t come out till March 2014, and was cool but wasn’t a true home run smash. It was good, graphically but more like an appetizer.

drive club came out that fall and it was mid until the updates. The order 1886 came out February 2015 and was a fukking flop. Really big missed opportunity for ready at dawn. Game had potential.

it wasn’t until March 2015 that blood borne dropped and Sony had a certified hit.

That’s almost 2 years before Sony dropped an undeniable hit.

Sony has already announced games for 2021 one that should far surpass the PS4 first year of exclusives.

To remind you, they are trying to drop the following next year:

Ratchet and Clank
Horizon 2
Destruction all stars
Gran Turismo
God of war
Returnal

Add that with Demon souls, Miles Morales, sackboy, astrobot and you have a potential GOAT first year for a publisher.

vs:

killzone
Knack
Little big planet 3
Resogun
Infamous
Drive club
Tlou: remastered.

to top it off, you couldn’t even play ps3 games on the 4 so you really ain’t have as much shyt to play on the 4 as you do on the 5. I get to play updated versions of GoT, Days Gone, no mans sky etc for free.

And don’t get me started on the hardware. The PS4 didn’t even have 5ghz WiFi in it or a fukking uhd drive for movies.

We all know it used budget ass laptop cpus for a processor. The HDD topped out at SATA 2 speeds not even fukking sata 3. This shyt was outdated soon as it dropped and by a lot.

the ps5 has fukking WiFi 6, uhd drive, usb-c ,usb 3.1 and an ssd speed that ain’t even widely proliferated yet.

Not to mention a desktop grade CPU this time based on recently released architecture. Can do 4K 60, 1080/120, or FauxK/30 and minor ray tracing. PS4 had trouble hitting a clean 1080/30 at times.

both console makers came out swinging hardware wise and it shows, especially compared to last gen consoles when they released.

software wise, Sony is looking to have a big first year and its evident with what they have announced juxtaposed to what they had announced for PS4 at the same point in its life.

msft got shyt in the tank with halo, forza, hell blade 2, and probably a couple more things I’m forgetting.

Not to mention, next gen patch for cyberpunk will drop in the spring as well.

i probably got half way into typing this before i got tired and realized its gonna fall on deaf ears and another thread will be made in two weeks from a last gen owner talking aobut they're glad they didn't waste their money.

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
Besides the pandemic...

These launches felt off because of the 'recent' releases of the Pro & One X series. I guess they were banking on people upgrading during the same gen just to play in 4K

:yeshrug:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Xbox should've delayed a year till Halo Infinite was ready
Their first pary should really be geared up with a lot to show by late 2021.

In reality though they could not afford to give Sony a year start on this gen, who actually has a ton of exclusives in year 1

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Xbox should've delayed a year till Halo Infinite was ready
Their first pary should really be geared up with a lot to show by late 2021.

In reality though they could not afford to give Sony a year start on this gen, who actually has a ton of exclusives in year 1

Sharing the console release spotlight with sony and in the middle of a pandemic really did them no favors. They def would have been better off next fall

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Spider Man Miles Morales 60fps+Raytracing in the beginning stages of this generation is worth beta testing for me. We know the games are coming on this early investment. Next year is going to show that.

I’ll end this off with OP do you have a PS5?

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
PS5 had a typical launch. These libraries always scant at the beginning of a cycle. Xbox not having one exclusive/box seller is where the issue lies.