Let's Keep It A Buck: Could The Xbox 360 Run Zelda Tears Of A Kingdom?

could the 360 run the zelda?

• yes, easily

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • nope, no way

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • barely, yes

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I don't think either of them would be able to handle the physics engine with their hardware specs
Wii U handled the physics and that’s less powerful than 360.

360 had games like Nuts and Bolts and Red Faction that did all types of physics stuff.

Things like draw distance and texture detail would have to be lower, but it could limp to 540p 24fps like lots of 360 games did :ehh:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
OP is really pressed by Zelda's success. :mjlol: I would say no but who tf cares.We all want great graphics and great gameplay nobody will deny that. Look at Elden Ring for the ideal example. We all know all the Switch games now are gonna look very mediocre compared to the competition. But once you get past that everyone is just enjoying the game for what it is. Granted some of us are just gonna wait for stronger hardware.

Wii U handled the physics and that’s less powerful than 360.

360 had games like Nuts and Bolts and Red Faction that did all types of physics stuff.

Things like draw distance and texture detail would have to be lower, but it could limp to 540p 24fps like lots of 360 games did :ehh:

Well at the very least the Wii U is as powerful then the 360 & PS3. Considering it has the GPU advantage compared to the CPU advantage of PS3 and 360.

Also I think you are really underselling the Physics engine in these two Zelda games.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
OP is really pressed by Zelda's success. :mjlol: I would say no but who tf cares.We all want great graphics and great gameplay nobody will deny that. Look at Elden Ring for the ideal example. We all know all the Switch games now are gonna look very mediocre compared to the competition. But once you get past that everyone is just enjoying the game for what it is. Granted some of us are just gonna wait for stronger hardware.

Well at the very least the Wii U is as powerful then the 360 & PS3. Considering it has the GPU advantage compared to the CPU advantage of PS3 and 360.

Also I think you are really underselling the Physics engine in these two Zelda games.
Once devs started making games they reported it was significantly weaker

I’m not underselling the physics. Again the Wii U could do the physics so i’m not sure how you guys think the 360 couldn’t

The CPU is where that kinda stuff is handled and the 360 CPU was clearly more powerful than Wii U CPU.

Where switch has advantage is RAM. And that would effect stuff like draw distance, texture quality, shadow quality, environmental detail, etc. All stuff that can be reduced and scaled to fit within the 360 ram situation.

Basically all the stuff the Wii U version of BOTW was worse at.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
not the best tech dude, but I feel like any switch game could with the right optimization... most likely dead wrong with that lol

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think so, it would probably have some ram issues since the Switch has double the resources available
but honestly, I do think this game would run pretty fine on ps360 tier hardware.

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
Barely. The switch struggles at times and it's more powerful than a 360.