Let's discuss "The Last Of Us" Ending

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I liked it. It was a tough choice for Joel to make. Ellie & him been thru too much. I don't think I would have let the Fireflies experiment on my Ellie either. In short I don't really see much more to the game after that. I love how it ended on a morality ?. Would I tell the truth? Would I risk hurting this person I grown to love?
That sh1t stuck with me :lupe:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The ending is simple. Joel didnt want ellie to die for a cure that may not happen so he killed the fireflies leader and left. She called him on it, and he lied to her about it and she ate it knowing that wat he said was probably a lie. They both loved one another, like a father and daughter i guess so that bond was better then creating a cure for the infection, friend.

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli
The ending is simple. Joel didnt want ellie to die for a cure that may not happen so he killed the fireflies leader and left. She called him on it, and he lied to her about it and she ate it knowing that wat he said was probably a lie. They both loved one another, like a father and daughter i guess so that bond was better then creating a cure for the infection, friend.

I get the decision he made about experimenting on her and everything though I thought he should've let them operate on her so they could potentially save a lot of lives but the a new scene started after thre fireflies lab where they're in Jackson. They're walking through the forest and she ask if he lied and then that's it game done, WTF?

If anything they shoulda ended the game with him putting Ellie in the car and driving away. I don't get why the Jackson seen was so important it had 0 meaning to the story

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I get the decision he made about experimenting on her and everything though I thought he should've let them operate on her so they could potentially save a lot of lives but the a new scene started after thre fireflies lab where they're in Jackson. They're walking through the forest and she ask if he lied and then that's it game done, WTF?

If anything they shoulda ended the game with him putting Ellie in the car and driving away. I don't get why the Jackson seen was so important it had 0 meaning to the story
If you got all the letters it reveals that she was probably going to die being experimented on so his choice to save her was made easy. I think the ending was done to just show the motivations for the character and how even a hero isnt perfect and does whats right for himself without looking at the big picture.

dBoyFresh*212

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
the coli
If you got all the letters it reveals that she was probably going to die being experimented on so his choice to save her was made easy. I think the ending was done to just show the motivations for the character and how even a hero isnt perfect and does whats right for himself without looking at the big picture.

I got the letters but it was sacrificing her life to save hundreds of others.

But good point on the big picture thing. These game developers be getting extra deep with the stories these days . Teaching nikkas life meanings with games nowadays salute that dirty little naughty dog

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I got the letters but it was sacrificing her life to save hundreds of others.

But good point on the big picture thing. These game developers be getting extra deep with the stories these days . Teaching nikkas life meanings with games nowadays salute that dirty little naughty dog
Yea friend. Ellie and Joel went through Wars together and survived, clickers, cannibals, runners, winter, etc. They formed a very incredible bond. Imagine the average parent being told. Hey we can cure the world of all disease, just let us kill your baby. They might survive though, doubtful though.

The average parent would rather coexist with disease then lose someone they love. Especially in a cold world like The Last of Us, Friend. :sitdown:

Plexxx

Return of the G
Daps
Reppin
Mobile, AL
I wouldn't have let them take Ellie either. Hoe ass Marlene wouldn't even let Joel say goodbye to her. She got what she deserved :birdman: