Let's be real, most of you only have MJ as GOAT because of his dancing & upbringing

concise

Veteran
Daps
All jokes and speculations of his life aside, I honestly cannot take anyone serious talking about Michael Jackson's music being the GOAT. :why: No way. Let's chop away at that nonsense, shall we?

His overall body of work and creativity does not compare to Prince.
His vocals and lyrics don't come anywhere near Stevie Wonder.
His emotions don't come near Marvin Gaye.

All 3 of these guy's music >>>>>>> Michael Jackson.

Only thing Michael had on them was them gaudy outfits and amazing dancing in the music videos. That's it. And that has nothing to do with the actual music, that's all presentation, show. And there's also the segment of you who'll also cherish the watch him growing up out of Gary, IN and into global icon stuff.

I could have made this list longer as well, but :mjpls: We can start here anyway. :mjpls:

Metta World Movement

Peace and love...to all!!
Daps
All jokes and speculations of his life aside, I honestly cannot take anyone serious talking about Michael Jackson's music being the GOAT. :why: No way. Let's chop away at that nonsense, shall we?

His overall body of work and creativity does not compare to Prince.
His vocals and lyrics don't come anywhere near Stevie Wonder.
His emotions don't come near Marvin Gaye.

All 3 of these guy's music >>>>>>> Michael Jackson.

Only thing Michael had on them was them gaudy outfits and amazing dancing in the music videos. That's it. And that has nothing to do with the actual music, that's all presentation, show. And there's also the segment of you who'll also cherish the watch him growing up out of Gary, IN and into global icon stuff.

I could have made this list longer as well, but :mjpls: We can start here anyway. :mjpls:

The bolded is the only part of your post I agree with.

Everything else just seems like a troll attempt. :upsetfavre:

concise

Veteran
Daps
The bolded is the only part of your post I agree with.

Everything else just seems like a troll attempt. :upsetfavre:

No trolling, breh.

I don't respect opinions on music if you have Mike in your top 5 anything. :manny:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Micahel Jackson is the GOAT because he was a Child Prodigy. Everybody from Jackie Wilson to James Brown was giving Michael Jackson major props before he was 13 years old..

Michael Jackson is the GOAT because he crafted two of the greatest albums of ALL TIME (Off The Wall and Thriller) which still have MAJOR replay value ven today in 2013

Michael Jackson is the GOAT because he helped break the barriers for African AMerican artists to get their music videos played on MTV. The head of MTV rejected Michael's Billie Jean video, so the head of CBS threatened to pull EVERY video from EVERY artist on the label if they didn't run the video. MTV later went onto co-finance and produce MJ's Thriller video

Michael Jackson is the GOAT because when he purchased Little Richard's music catalog, he gave it back to him in recognition of his contributions to Pop music:myman:

Micheal Jackson is the GOAT because he owns the record for most American Music Awards (26) Most Number 1 singles by a male artist (13) and is the Most Downloaded Artist OF ALL TIME

Micheal Jackson is the GOAT because Thriller is currently the ONLY Music Video to be inducted into the National Film Registry by The Library OF Congress

Michael Jackson is the GOAT because he is the ONLY artist to have an album spawn FIVE number 1 Singles ("I Just Can't Stop Loving You", "Bad", "The Way You Make Me Feel", "Man in the Mirror" and "Dirty Diana") All five of which he wrote and co-produced

Michael Jackson is the GOAT because he owns the record for Highest Selling Album...OF ALL TIME (Thriller) and Highest Selling Double Album OF ALL TIME
AND Highest Selling Remix Album....OF ALL TIME (Blood On The Dance Floor)

“I didn’t want to leave this world without knowing who my descendant was. Thank you Michael!”

Fred Astaire (1899 –1987) – dancer

"What is a genius? What is a living legend? What is a megastar? Michael Jackson -- that's all. And when you think you know him, he gives you more. I think he is one of the finest people to hit this planet, and, in my estimation, he is the true King of Pop, Rock and Soul."

Elizabeth Taylor

"Michael Jackson is the most gifted entertainer to come down the pike since, I guess, James Dean. He's a brilliant actor and dancer, probably one of the rarest entertainers I have ever worked with. His talent is awesome.

Sidney Lumet

"The only male singer who I’ve seen besides myself and who’s better than me -- that is Michael Jackson."

Frank Sinatra

"Michael Jackson was extraordinary, When we worked together on 'Bad,' I was in awe of his absolute mastery of movement on the one hand, and of the music on the other. Every step he took was absolutely precise and fluid at the same time. It was like watching quicksilver in motion"

Martin Scorsese

“One of my greatest blessings was that I got a chance to know the Jackson family and to know Michael, and to see him. I’m glad I live in an era when I got a chance to see -- what everybody’s been coming up here saying -- the greatest entertainer of all time…”

Smokey Robinson

“I couldn’t make up my mind,” he admits. “Here’s this kid… singing a Smokey song that seemed like he had been living it for 30 years! So, right away, we were saying, ‘This is an old man in a kid’s body’ because he’d sung ‘Who’s Loving You’ better than Smokey — and Smokey did a phenomenal job.”

Berry Gordy

"When I played in London in 2007, the O ² Arena, I asked the producers what had been the record number of shows played consecutively in their venue. They said six. I said that I wanted to do twenty-one. During two weeks they refused me, nobody had ever played for so long. All concerts were nevertheless sold out. Since then, Michael Jackson showed me that I should go farther."

Prince

#TPC

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it's his accessibility which makes him great, I've been listening to micheal Jackson for as long as I can remember, can't really say that for anyone else.

I still like him and I think he's a pedophile, that's the power of his music.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I think it's his accessibility which makes him great, I've been listening to micheal Jackson for as long as I can remember, can't really say that for anyone else.

I still like him and I think he's a pedophile, that's the power of his music.

this

it's got the talent of prince with higher pop sensitivities. them intangibles :bow:

still tho, that 'philia :damn:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Michael is the best musical PERFORMER of all time, not necessarily the best musician. There are better pure singers/musical composers, but what made Michael unique was he had a high level of musical talent, but he took entertaining the masses to another level with his ability to dance.

yo moms

drunk
Daps
I've heard like 2 Michael Jackson songs and they both just seemed like generic pop trash. :yeshrug: