Let's address the elephant in the room; Dolph Ziggler AIN'T over

captaincharisma

***** PLATINUM *****
Daps
Reppin
NYC
he's never ever been over. He can have a couple of smarks chanting his name a few times during his match, but he is not over. He's never cut any memorable promo. He doesn't have any memorable moment. He has decent to good matches, but he doesn't stand out. If he was over, he would have cashed in the briefcase along time ago.

lol @ somebody saying he's as over as Big Show/Shaemus. No. I hate those 2 b*stards, but you crazy if you think Ziggler is even getting half their reaction. He's as over as Kofi. And Kofi doesn't even get the same amount of attention as Zig.

this post is green money. + dap + rep

captaincharisma

***** PLATINUM *****
Daps
Reppin
NYC
He needs to dump Thickie Vickie. Put her with a motherfukker who has no substance and she can get em over.

She does her shyt nice (she gets h e a t), but Ziggy don't need a mouthpiece. She basically takes up valuable promo time that Zig can be utilizing. Vickie comes out and does her bit, then it seems like Zig only got like a quick moment to let off something so he just blurts out that show-off shyt and hits the ring.

Let him rock the mic on his own. He can slow down his shyt and not sound like a crackhead motormouth on meth.

I think once that shyt is straightened out, everything else will fall into place.

the real peeps know edge made vickie, she's just getting exposed for a stale act now.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
They need to get a mic in his hand weekly (on Raw and SD)... : the problem is that he doesn't get consistent practice so there's no time to improve. If they want to make a superstar or pseudostar, they will do it. They threw Miz out there for months untiI he got comfortable on the mic. Vickie is not doing shyt for him. She's unnecessary.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Ziggler is one of those cats that would have benefitted from the original WWF Superstars shows. Where they showcased up and comers. Let them beat jobbers and cut promos. You literally watched Bret for instance go from an awkward cat who hid behind his shades to a solid promo man who could get his point across. Ziggler is a funny dude in a trolling kinda way on twitter, they could let him play that up

Guys like Ziggler don't seem to have the platform to get that type of grooming he needs.

You're either force pushed (Superman, Sheamus, Randy) told sink or swim (Ziggler, Kofi) thrown to the bushes (Ryder, Swagger)

-P-

Hoss

Legalize us.
Daps
Reppin
The North
He needs help. Vickie isn't the answer.

There are rumors help is coming, though. Whether it's true or not I'm not sure, but he might be getting a new manager according to Meltzer. Some of you may have read it already, but I'll put it in spoiler form to be safe.

Ric-Flair4.jpg

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
They need to remove Vickie from the scene and allow him to cut more promos. He's fairly decent and if they let him be himself (like on Ryder's youtube show), he'll get over.

Red Omega

MANTRA
Daps
Reppin
New York
dolph is pretty over.

sheamus is only over to marks, everyone knows he isnt the real deal, in smark towns he never gets love.

whenever hes in the ring with real stars its clear where he stands.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
He needs to change that finisher. ASAP.

And it's not that Vickie hasn't done a lot for him... but that union has outlived its time. It's just not doing anything for him NOW. They've been put together longer than Vickie and Edge were, and it's gradually played itself out.

He'll be OK tho', he just needs to start carrying himself more like a future main-eventer and less like a lifetime IC/US belt dude. And that doesn't mean becoming "serious", because that experiment already failed when they tried to change his hair and stop him from doing all the Ziggler shyt... but just by stepping his promo game up and not coming off like an NXT guy. He probably does need to cut more promos live, and I'm not sure if he practices in his spare time, but he's not consistent enough with them yet. He'll have a good one (like the one with Foley, and the one he had in Mexico), then have one that completely misses its mark... so it's not like he's incapable, just needs to be able to do it every time.

The biggest problem I see is that much like Morrison was, Ziggler seems better and way more natural in taped segments (like the Ryder show) than he does in front of a live crowd. If he could fix that and either drop Vickie or replace her with someone else (like Flair if that rumor is true), he'll be good to go.

Daps
Getting a new manager won't help him in the long run, he needs to up his promo game and having someone else talk for him is impeding his progress. As DANJ mentioned, his taped segments come across a lot more natural, so he should be doing promos every week until he reaches a point where's he's that comfortable in front of a live crowd.

Hoss

Legalize us.
Daps
Reppin
The North
More than anything this dude needs wins. WINS. :birdman: Even in a fake sport, wins DO play a part in getting people over.

Few wrestlers look as comfortable in the ring as Dolph. He's pretty much a natural in there. The mic work is coming but not quite there yet. But this guy can and will be the total package (sorry Lex).

But he loses more big matches than he wins. Understandable right now considering he's gonna cash in that briefcase anyway and win the belt at some point, but I can only hope that all these losses he's banking right now will get paid back to him in the form of a nice long run as champ. And his arrogant persona will play a lot better if he's got the belt.

And I can see that happening. Health-wise he seems to be pretty durable like Cena, so give him the belt and let him run with it. The rest of his game will get there eventually. He's always reminded me of a blend of HBK and Hennig, and that might be a lot to live up to, but he's capable in my opinion.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
:umad:

Sheamus out pops anyone not named John Cena or Randy Orton. Since they seem to be pushing this wacky tag team with Bryan MAYBE him too.

Everyone else? Totally laughable. Seems like when smark favorites aren't getting heat they want to drag a hated wrestler down with them. Cesaro, Ziggler and Barrett, all heatless to varying degrees.

Sheamus get the same pops as santino :scusthov:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
He's over enough and good enough in the ring to deserve this future title shot he's been given. He may not get the biggest cheers but after Orton Cena Punk and Bryan on a regular basis (not including HHH Taker and Brock) no one gets huge pops. Maybe Rey Mysterio too. He definitely needs to be booked right and given a series of wins though before they make his character look to weak.