Lesnar vs. Cena Buyrates

Daps
That's actually pretty good all things considering
I want to be optimistic but the buyrates for OTL are gonna be :sadcam: :sadbron:

profound

technique
Daps
UFC 141: 750-800K
UFC 121: 1.05 million
UFC 116: 1.16 million
UFC 100: 1.6 million
UFC 91: 1.01 million
UFC 81: 650K

were his wrestling fans only interested in watching him fight at this point?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The excuses, the blame, and is it REALLY Lesnar's fault or do they finally see the error of their misguided ways?
More on the Extreme Rules Buyrate and Reaction From WWE

Where is the blame being placed?

- As previously reported, the Extreme Rules PPV 251,000 buys worldwide. 147,000 of those buys were within North America, and the numbers were up 17% from the 216,000 buys that Extreme Rules 2011. Many feel that the buyrate is a disappointment, due to the price tag that came with Brock Lesnar, especially compared to the business Lesnar did in the UFC.

UFC buyrates were at an all time high during the time Lesnar was with the company, and the feeling is that the UFC audience did not follow Lesnar back to the WWE.

One source within WWE is not blaming Lesnar for the PPV not doing big numbers, noting that the buyrate blame shouldn't go on Lesnar, but on the company itself for making fans believe that the secondary PPVs aren't important anymore.

"No one should spin this as Brock failing. Brock didn't fail the company. The company failed itself in that we've conditioned the majority of the audience that only Wrestlemania is important now. This show came right after Mania, so you are going to lose fans that invested money in that show. No one will remember that. But, we also rushed out a marquee match and it didn't really succeed for us, either. I think the lesson to be learned is that no matter who is on what show these days, the branding won't be strong enough, no matter how good or bad the creative side may be. We've conditioned everyone to see it as Wrestlemania and then everything else, because we spent a year building Mania. There was going to be a drop-off after that climax."

The source also stated that Lesnar as a PPV draw is not a lost cause, noting the following…

"We had to reintroduce him to our new audience. Seven year olds didn't know who Brock was. Now they do. The numbers were up so on paper, it looks good. This is part of another year-long build. The upside is that when we hit Wrestlemania, then Lesnar will draw and the company gets our investment back that way - because now it's Wrestlemania plus the talent that draws, not the talent drawing for Wrestlemania. That's the lesson we need to learn here, in my opinion."

Credit: Pwinsider.com

The Great One

Swag Surfin
Daps
How is this a failure? Based on current PPV trends year to year, this PPV would have got about 190,000 buys.

So Brock directly made it 251,000 buys, that's 61,000 MORE buys on a B level PPV. This wasn't survivor series or summerslam, this was the PPV AFTER Mania, which is usually dead in the water.

Their PPVS are $40 regular and $45 HD, so let's say they make $30 off of each person who buys PPVs, they made almost $2 million more than they would have last year. + Brock's merch sales, if he is making $5 million like people say (which I don't think he is but whatever) then he almost made half of it off one PPV appearance.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
It's because Lesnar was paid $5 million for few dates and he didn't deliver a monster buyrate like he usually does for UFC. This whole conversation shouldn't even be happening. He should of had his first match at Summerslam where his PPV returns would of had a better number to them.

Daps
Their PPVS are $40 regular and $45 HD, so let's say they make $30 off of each person who buys PPVs, they made almost $2 million more than they would have last year. + Brock's merch sales, if he is making $5 million like people say (which I don't think he is but whatever) then he almost made half of it off one PPV appearance.

According to Big Dave
Meltz said:
WWE averages $18.78 per PPV buy

The Great One

Swag Surfin
Daps
It's because Lesnar was paid $5 million for few dates and he didn't deliver a monster buyrate like he usually does for UFC. This whole conversation shouldn't even be happening. He should of had his first match at Summerslam where his PPV returns would of had a better number to them.
They really rushed it and I have no idea why, it's still much more than I thought it would be, I was thinking around 230,000 buys.

I wouldn't say save him for Summerslam because then the Impact of his appearance couldn't be known, as Summerslam always does well. But damn build it up for like 2 months, they could have gave us him vs Cena instead of the last PPV with Johnny Ace.

Extreme Rules was a good PPV without this match, I mean they made it MUCH better, but Over the Limit sucked and they could have made it up for the weaker card.

The Great One

Swag Surfin
Daps
According to Big Dave

Damn that sucks, lol, $18.78, but does that take into account the HD buys as well?

Let's say it does, Even at $18.78, it equals $1.2 million more than they would have had before, so with this theory at $5 million, after only 5 ppvs they made their money back + some with merch, etc..