“Cutthroat business, Our Defense Lifted/What is it, THE WINGS?!?" Official 2024 NY Knicks Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
The problem is losing IQ explosive bursts of offense and solid two way play along with Mitch defensive abilities for this nikka KAT who still can’t figure out which voice he wants to use game in and game out :scust: :mjlol::mjlol:
IQ is the major wrinkle in all this. How much is a backup combo guard worth to y'all?

IQ in a trade might get Devin Vassell money just cuz he's a must to keep. Without that, this is the team you have for the foreseeable future

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
The problem is losing IQ explosive bursts of offense and solid two way play along with Mitch defensive abilities for this nikka KAT who still can’t figure out which voice he wants to use game in and game out :scust: :mjlol::mjlol:
We’d give up a lot on defense no doubt. But KAT would open this offense up something ridiculous if he’s your 5. Legitimately one of the best shooting bigs of all time. He’d draw out rim protection for Randle, RJ and Brunson to all cook in the lane. For me, giving up IQ is worth it especially with DDV on the roster and if the pick count is low. You’d still have RJ or Julius and like 4 picks to make another big trade too like Paul George HYPOTHETICALLY. KAT isn’t worth an all in trade though.

Last edited:

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
We’d give up a lot on defense no doubt. But KAT would open this offense up something ridiculous if he’s your 5. Legitimately one of the best shooting bigs of all time. He’d draw out rim protection for Randle, RJ and Brunson to all cook in the lane. For me, giving up IQ is worth it especially with DDV on the roster and if the pick count is low. You’d still have RJ or Julius and like 4 picks to make another big trade too like Paul George HYPOTHETICALLY. KAT isn’t worth an all in trade though.

Man in theory this sounds great, but Kat is just too soft and wilts under pressure :francis:

Mitch cleans up so much of our defensive lapses that I feel like what little we’d gain on offense with kat, we’d just give it up on defense