Left sunglasses at restaurant...

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
Tipped well, wasn't a douche, just left the sunglasses there last night.

I called this morning to see if they had found them and I heard the person who pick up the phone ask my waiter if he found glasses. "Yeah, they were Ray Bans" I heard in the background. The glasses in question were Ray Bans.

I said that I'd be back after work to pick them up and she said "Oh, well, my manager has them so call back after 7 when he comes in."

I called back about 30 minutes ago and talked with the manager. He said "I put them in the lost and found last night and I don't know what happened. Now they're gone." He squeezed out "I'm sorry" a few times as well.

"So one of your employees took them?"
"Uhh... I'm sorry."

So I said I would really appreciate it if you would keep looking, and I'd be forever grateful if they found them.

I'm not holding my breath, but I'm still pissed.

Is there anything that I can do, besides walking away from this having learned a hard lesson?

Anyone else had a similar situation?

Towlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is there anything that I can do, besides walking away from this having learned a hard lesson?

you can't do anything but write an angry letter to corporate (and name the manager) :manny:

thats about it

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Write an email to corporate, include the MGR and servers name. You will A, get reimbursed or B your ray Bans will pop up.

If its a mom and pop threaten to blast them on yelp and spread the word locally.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
them nikkas aint payin for shyt...you might get a a free meal..thats all

My nikka. You accepted that "I'm sorry" I garentee you I would have gotten a new pair on them. I've experienced shyt like this before, you either take the L or you press the fukkin issue. This situation is easy work. Corporate/owner would have held that MGR accountable son. That's how it works?

They assumed responsibility when they took your property and put it somewhere else.

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
yeah I'm about to call corporate tomorrow on my lunch break and get the ball rolling on this

Towlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My nikka. You accepted that "I'm sorry" I garentee you I would have gotten a new pair on them. I've experienced shyt like this before, you either take the L or you press the fukkin issue. This situation is easy work. Corporate/owner would have held that MGR accountable son. That's how it works?

They assumed responsibility when they took your property and put it somewhere else.

all they have to do is deny it

district manager asks the manager about the situation

manager: we looked and we didnt find them, maybe there was a miscommunication somewhere :shaq2:

ts has NO PROOF that they found his glasses and held onto them, then lost them

all he has is a phone conversation thats in the wind now

or maybe the manager will be truthful when questioned, who knows? i just dont see them reimbursing him for some ray bans, their gonna reimburse him with some food lol

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
Tipped well, wasn't a douche, just left the sunglasses there last night.

I called this morning to see if they had found them and I heard the person who pick up the phone ask my waiter if he found glasses. "Yeah, they were Ray Bans" I heard in the background. The glasses in question were Ray Bans.

I said that I'd be back after work to pick them up and she said "Oh, well, my manager has them so call back after 7 when he comes in."

I called back about 30 minutes ago and talked with the manager. He said "I put them in the lost and found last night and I don't know what happened. Now they're gone." He squeezed out "I'm sorry" a few times as well.

"So one of your employees took them?"
"Uhh... I'm sorry."

So I said I would really appreciate it if you would keep looking, and I'd be forever grateful if they found them.

I'm not holding my breath, but I'm still pissed.

Anyone else had a similar situation?

That sucks man, but ya not alot of options for you really.

Tough break man

Of course all the coli tough guys will tell you what THEY would have done, cause they keeps it real :laff::laff:

Daps
all they have to do is deny it

district manager asks the manager about the situation

manager: we looked and we didnt find them, maybe there was a miscommunication somewhere :shaq2:

ts has NO PROOF that they found his glasses and held onto them, then lost them

all he has is a phone conversation thats in the wind now

or maybe the manager will be truthful when questioned, who knows? i just dont see them reimbursing him for some ray bans, their gonna reimburse him with some food lol

Or maybe, as often happens when people lie in situations like this, they can't get their story straight, so it's evident they're lying...

Towlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
u never seen me bug out

true

so you go up there, cuss everybody out yada yada

what are they gonna do? cut you a check? go get some money out of the safe?

the manager is gonna have to call whoever is in charge and send it up the ladder

a restaurant paying for a luxury item, they "lost" is great customer service that would be rare to find

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
I'd be lucky to get them back if I was a hot chick that went in and blowjobbed the whole place

I'm chalking it up as an L, but like I said I'm at least going to call the corp office and go in to have a word with the waiter.

I tipped him 15 on a 36 dollar check. Surely he can't hold that against me.

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans via NYC
true

so you go up there, cuss everybody out yada yada

what are they gonna do? cut you a check? go get some money out of the safe?

the manager is gonna have to call whoever is in charge and send it up the ladder

a restaurant paying for a luxury item, they "lost" is great customer service that would be rare to find

breh i don't know what my game plan would be but I wouldn't be leaving there without my shyt or money. Then again I got some anger issues I'm still tryn to work out lol