Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It has the IP's though, that's really all that matters.

Visions of Mana isn't a spectacular example of cutting edge technology, but by far was my favorite game this year.

If their companies make superior games (doesn't have to be superior-looking games), then people will pay up.

At the end of the day it's still about art and art style.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Ahhhhhh.... When you don't have to worry about money...

Gonna cop this and the drive, upgrade my damn HD, and start building my gaming PC.

fukk all this fighting over other people's money. You copping or not?
Had this exact epiphany today :dead:

Just in time too because drives are starting to sell out. PS Direct got my shyt coming Friday :whew:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
IMG-4203

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ahhhhhh.... When you don't have to worry about money...

Gonna cop this and the drive, upgrade my damn HD, and start building my gaming PC.

fukk all this fighting over other people's money. You copping or not?
I don't have to worry about money and still not buying this. Has nothing to do with being able to afford it and everything to do with the perceived value it offers for the price over what's already out.

This product completely misses the mark of the target audience. Who is the product even for? Consumers like me who have disposable income on the higher side own better than this can do. I guarantee you my RTX 4080 Super build which cost more than a PS5 Pro will smoke it. The console thrifty gamers that don't wanna spend top dollar on stuff ain't buying it.

There's a small subset of the populace that's going to buy whatever a company comes out with that the company says is better just because the product exist but beyond that who does it appeal to? Been seeing a lot of negative reaction to this online. Willing to bet almost everybody that buys it already owns a PS5 anyway. Unless the margins on this hardware are really great they're mostly preaching to the choir of consumers they already have.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Had this exact epiphany today :dead:

Just in time too because drives are starting to sell out. PS Direct got my shyt coming Friday :whew:
I started to bytch and moan when I saw the price... It's not a PS3 and I'm not in high school.. I can afford $1000 purchase these days

Imagine not copping :wow:
Exactly... Cause what am I going to do? Play the inferior versions of shyt when I know there's a better system out there?

Am I a gamer or not?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I started to bytch and moan when I saw the price... It's not a PS3 and I'm not in high school.. I can afford $1000 purchase these days

Exactly... Cause what am I going to do? Play the inferior versions of shyt when I know there's a better system out there?

Am I a gamer or not?

Exactly, once you get over the initial sticker shock you kind of just realize the reality. I want to play DS2, Wolverine, Tsushima 2, GTA6 day one in the best quality. :yeshrug:

nikkas are gonna work overtime to try and convince you how to spend your money though :pachaha:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I don't have to worry about money and still not buying this. Has nothing to do with being able to afford it and everything to do with the perceived value it offers for the price over what's already out.

This product completely misses the mark of the target audience. Who is the product even for? Consumers like me who have disposable income on the higher side own better than this can do. I guarantee you my RTX 4080 Super build which cost more than a PS5 Pro will smoke it. The console thrifty gamers that don't wanna spend top dollar on stuff ain't buying it.

There's a small subset of the populace that's going to buy whatever a company comes out with that the company says is better just because the product exist but beyond that who does it appeal to? Been seeing a lot of negative reaction to this online. Willing to bet almost everybody that buys it already owns a PS5 anyway. Unless the margins on this hardware are really great they're mostly preaching to the choir of consumers they already have.
And all this is what I was referring to.... Are you copping or not?

Now you say you aren't.. I do not fault you. But the only value I really see is, for $1000, how much use am I getting out of this??? YEARSSSSS worth. I can go get a 4080 for $1000, but still need to buy all the other shyt for the computer as well. So lets not act like you just get the card and that's it. I still need a motherboard, chip and more. And if I want a 4090, we talking $1600 starting. That's two of these and 3 games.

But am I copping a gaming PC? Sure am.. Even though I don't see how doubling or tripling the price of a PS5 is worth it... I want to have all the best options. Cause that's where I see value.

And all the years I didn't, I didn't bytch about those who did. Or didn't. So why people getting all in a funk about what someone is going to buy. YOU don't feel it's worth it, ok. I feel for $300 a year, I'll be playing thing until 2027