Layoffs at Giantbomb and Gamespot

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So much this. Why would I bother to look at fukking IGN, Gamespot, and them old ass relic sites, when I can look at Twitch which feature NOT only gaming streams, but reviews, and ass (if I'm in a skinamax mood after watching some nerdy streams).

The game is over for these gaming media site. I mean, the writing was on the wall when G4 died again.
G4 had the black hokage there and wasted him.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Tbh all of these gaming publications and sites did it to themselves. They rather hire the same cacs over and over again producing the same type of content until people just go to streamers. If they had more black faces or game black streamers a real shot they prob would be in a better place

I was thinking the same thing when tehy announced Grubb, Lucy, and Tam coming on, im like how many podcast are these people on at this point?? :dahell:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
G4 had the black hokage there and wasted him.

BREH!!

Easy layup:

• Modern War Negro covering gaming media (with his shytposting steez)
  • Adam Sessler (the grizzled old vet that could provide anecdotes for gaming to prosper in the future)
  • Austin Creed (fukkery and mainstream appeal)
  • Kevin Perieria (AOTS fame)
  • Fro...ughhh Kitboga (putting his scammer show on the forefront)
Then they could have streamers during downtime doing their shows on the platform. Thus, you have a network made for gamers by gamers. Not a fukking wankfest with Frost and em shytting on the same people that actually buy the damn games. And this is coming from somebody that hates "gamers" as well.

Overall, they had a lineup and fumbled the bag because of reaching a vocal minority, no focus on the end game of the network, and bringing an old channel to a new audience that's used to Cops reruns on the exact same network.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
BREH!!

Easy layup:

• Modern War Negro covering gaming media (with his shytposting steez)
  • Adam Sessler (the grizzled old vet that could provide anecdotes for gaming to prosper in the future)
  • Austin Creed (fukkery and mainstream appeal)
  • Kevin Perieria (AOTS fame)
  • Fro...ughhh Kitboga (putting his scammer show on the forefront)
Then they could have streamers during downtime doing their shows on the platform. Thus, you have a network made for gamers by gamers. Not a fukking wankfest with Frost and em shytting on the same people that actually buy the damn games. And this is coming from somebody that hates "gamers" as well.

Overall, they had a lineup and fumbled the bag because of reaching a vocal minority, no focus on the end game of the network, and bringing an old channel to a new audience that's used to Cops reruns on the exact same network.

So you want G4 back? Lol

Sessler just lost his damn mind, ain’t no one hiring him again

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I cant wait for a day when there’s actually a fun diverse gaming podcast (with good audio quality) and not hard to look at female host

Breh I lone for the days of early gaming podcast shows. I'm talking fukkery by the kilos. Giantbomb before the dork ass Patrick ruin the fun and sigh...Ryan passing away.

I'm talking HipHopGamer's goofy ass with his struggle bars and Sony stanning.

I'm talking major Nelson and his shyt posting.

I'm talking about underground podcasts that had two cups and wire as recording tools.

I miss when this shyt was fun and not a damn drag. It seems like even the most struggle of gaming podcasts are trying to sound "journalistic". Like come on breh, break out the mountain dew, cheetos, and live a little.

Its just video games.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
You know what :yeshrug:

When I see gaming forums praise these cacs to the moon then remember the boring mayonnaise podcasts they make. I don't really care
They aren't amazing. I listen to it when I workout only because it's a long podcast. They sound old and tired. I would never spend a dime on their content. There's no innovation, it's catering towards an aging audience that is going to be busier every day. :manny: Evolve or die.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Yeah lay offs are shytty but all these majority cac media platforms are fukking trash. Their podcasts are trash, their media presence is trash. It's just constant sarcasm and snarkiness. Some of the biggest losers you ever seen. There's hardly any personality. And these guys are often the main ones who constantly instigate console wars.

This is why I'm good with just Weapon Wheel and got no problem supporting those brehs on Patreon. TBH used to have a good podcast too but it's got too much anime for me and the co-hosts are unbearable sometimes.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Lack of diverse voices killed them more than anything.
Lack of diverse voices wouldn't change the outcome. The fact the matter is that a lot of these gaming publications aren't needed these days when Youtubers and other streamers can do it at a cheaper cost. That's not even getting to the issue that the bulk of gaming journalism is completely useless these days as they are barely breaking any news as they lack the sources to actually do so. The only real gaming news that gains any traction these days is how shytty the working conditions and broken games are, which means nothing in the grand scheme of things as gamers are still going to support the companies in drove anyways even while bytching about it.

The gaming industry from a gossiping and rumor mill standpoint is boring as fukk if we're keeping it 100% honest.

Last edited: