Layoffs at Giantbomb and Gamespot

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Damn I used to listen to the giant bombcast almost weekly around the time Drew became a meme. Stopped listening once people started dropping, and it’s still happening :huhldup: Once Dan left, the writing was on the wall

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Giant Bomb actually had a nice revival after Jeff left and they brought in Dan, Grubb, Lucy and Tam. The NYC live show was dope and brought back some of that old GB feeling and i've enjoyed the stuff they've been doing.

But it's time to call it a day. They're getting passed around like a slore by all these terrible companies.

The whole games media landscape seems completely fukked though. I'd be shook if that was my career because it just doesn't seem sustainable.

My only hope is Gerstmann starts up a new thing. I'm not feeling his solo shyt but he's talked about wanting to eventually have a staff again.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I honestly don’t even understand whaat Giantbomb is beyond the podcast. How many people are staffed there?

Feels like they’d just cut the entire brand at this point

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Giant Bomb actually had a nice revival after Jeff left and they brought in Dan, Grubb, Lucy and Tam. The NYC live show was dope and brought back some of that old GB feeling and i've enjoyed the stuff they've been doing.

But it's time to call it a day. They're getting passed around like a slore by all these terrible companies.

The whole games media landscape seems completely fukked though. I'd be shook if that was my career because it just doesn't seem sustainable.

My only hope is Gerstmann starts up a new thing. I'm not feeling his solo shyt but he's talked about wanting to eventually have a staff again.

With Jeff being on his full time father steez and his old head stance on the gaming industry, I doubt dude will create something on the level of Giantbomb. Bad enough he was fired from his own shyt.

Hell I would be talking to myself for 4 hours a week, if that was me :picard:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Tbh all of these gaming publications and sites did it to themselves. They rather hire the same cacs over and over again producing the same type of content until people just go to streamers. If they had more black faces or game black streamers a real shot they prob would be in a better place

So much this. Why would I bother to look at fukking IGN, Gamespot, and them old ass relic sites, when I can look at Twitch which feature NOT only gaming streams, but reviews, and ass (if I'm in a skinamax mood after watching some nerdy streams).

The game is over for these gaming media site. I mean, the writing was on the wall when G4 died again.