Lawbreakers quick review

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I played it at E3 its fast, its fun. But it lacks the character to connect to it...Which is sad because the gameplay is REALLY dope.
People really underestimate the impact of a good art/design crew.

This game plays great but goddamn it looks like it belongs on 2003 demo disc.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Maybe they can fix the minor things since it's likely still beta but not beta lol

None of that changes the art style and the world building. Part of what makes Overwatch work is people connect to the characters. Blizzard is KING at world building and character development.

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/NYY/NYR/ALA
Bought it finally. Game is dope and $30 is a fair asking price for it plus all DLC is free

My thoughts:

1. They marketed this game ALL the way wrong and its fans on message boards/reddit don't help matters much. YOU DONT TALK shyt ON THE TOP GAME UNLESS YOU HAVE CERTAIN THINGS IN PLACE (Overwatch is the top game in this case). This didn't help LB which has damn near no marketing budget compared to OW and is extremely skill based which may turn off new players who are getting facerolled and make them go back to OW.

The fans for LB don't help matters much. Anytime an Overwatch player says LB is an OW clone with bad gameplay, the LB player responds " :umad: you suck and and the game you does too ("git gud" is thrown around somewhere in here by the LB player)

2. This game needs a TDM mode/playlist ASAP. If any arena game this was tailored for it, it's Lawbreakers. That also would lead to more people in the main playlist actually playing the objective

TL;DR: LB has to learn the hard way that insulting the big brand to big yourself up rarely works if ever. LB fans don't help matters when any criticism of the game is met with " :umad: cause you suck, git gud scrub". Game needs TDM ASAP

Last edited:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I don't think word of mouth will save this title. Game lacks all type of personality or identity. shyt like OW or even Siege at least had videos to let you what the game was about. This shyt launched with no tutorials, back story, nothing. It's just 9 characters who are either good or bad. It's just a very generic arena shooter that gets dull after an hour. Nothing to mention the game runs like shyt on consoles and is horribly balanced. I said earlier as much as you complain about OW you gotta appreciate the polish they put into their titles

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Cliff is a great designer, the problem is he’s just like Kojima, you gotta have the right people around him to rein him in.