Lavar Tried To Son The GOAT, But The Ball In MJ's Court Now: Charlotte Hornets 2020-21 Season Thread

Whats The Outlook Of The 2020-21 Season Looking Like??

• Top 5 Lottery Pick Again

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Young & Showing Promise

Votes: 31 47.0%
  • Middle Of The Pack

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Overachieving, Playoff Bound

Votes: 10 15.2%

• Total voters

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Welp... it is what it is. Gordon had a bad shooting night, Melo had a bad first half with turnovers and shooting (but they all shot bad).

Cats couldn’t catch or blew open layups, etc.

Defense was already sus but LA has a better bench.

Shouldve kept melo in there even with 5 but he still did better than everyone outside of Terry.

on to the next for the Hornets

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
This loss is on Borrego, nikka stay tryna "teach Melo a lesson" after a mistake by benching him only for it to backfire with the opponents going on a run and winning :mjlol:

“Teaching” the best player on his team a lesson.

Dude is a damn joke.

I’m not saying they were gonna destroy them Lakers, because Bron hoe’d the Hornets tonight but you are down by fukking 9 points with 3 mins left in the game and play this Duck Duck Goose shyt with the lineup.

The iffy first half shooting put them in a hole, and against LA, that’s a death sentence for a 2nd and 3rd tiger team.

Then Melo comes in when the shyt is about to be a wrap and WTF can he do? What lessons are being learned? If Melo wants to know what it’s like being on a sinking ship, he can FaceTime Lonzo and ask how it feels.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
“Teaching” the best player on his team a lesson.

Dude is a damn joke.

I’m not saying they were gonna destroy them Lakers, because Bron hoe’d the Hornets tonight but you are down by fukking 9 points with 3 mins left in the game and play this Duck Duck Goose shyt with the lineup.

The iffy first half shooting put them in a hole, and against LA, that’s a death sentence for a 2nd and 3rd tiger team.

Then Melo comes in when the shyt is about to be a wrap and WTF can he do? What lessons are being learned? If Melo wants to know what it’s like being on a sinking ship, he can FaceTime Lonzo and ask how it feels.
Lamelo isn't the best player on the team.

But pops needs to shut up and stop trying to shyt on the owner and best player in NBA history.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park

I think the sample size we have is there to make that call breh. It isn't clear cut and he will have his youth lumps to take but yeah, it's him.

As of today, he has a higher PER than everyone on the team. Compared to Rozier and Hayward, he has more offensive rebounds than them, more defensive rebounds than them, he's third on the league in steals and when you combine their assists, they are barely ahead of Lamelo by himself not to mention that he has more blocks than either of them.

#2 is #1 on the squad brehs.

2020-21 Charlotte Hornets Roster and Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I think the sample size we have is there to make that call breh. It isn't clear cut and he will have his youth lumps to take but yeah, it's him.

As of today, he has a higher PER than everyone on the team. Compared to Rozier and Hayward, he has more offensive rebounds than them, more defensive rebounds than them, he's third on the league in steals and when you combine their assists, they are barely ahead of Lamelo by himself not to mention that he has more blocks than either of them.

#2 is #1 on the squad brehs.

2020-21 Charlotte Hornets Roster and Stats | Basketball-Reference.com
the best player on the team changes every month because everybody is inconsistent as fukk and the team actually ain't that good

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
the best player on the team changes every month because everybody is inconsistent as fukk and the team actually ain't that good

To an extent, I'd agree but who I would expect to show up and perform the best on game night is Lamelo. Yes, he is inconsistent too but his inconsistencies aren't all his own making. His coach has wack rotations that involves him. Yes, he does dumb things from time to time but the numbers are just one thing. If push comes to shove, who do I think will be there when they are needed? I think that is Lamelo so that is why I deem him to be the best overall.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
To an extent, I'd agree but who I would expect to show up and perform the best on game night is Lamelo. Yes, he is inconsistent too but his inconsistencies aren't all his own making. His coach has wack rotations that involves him. Yes, he does dumb things from time to time but the numbers are just one thing. If push comes to shove, who do I think will be there when they are needed? I think that is Lamelo so that is why I deem him to be the best overall.
lamelo does dumb shyt breh. im probably the only masochist alive that watches every bobcats game :mjlol: even when he's off, he's dramatically more dynamic than graham but that ain't saying much....

a lot of the time shyt just works out (like the Sacramento game in particular) but that's cool because he's the young guy and the good often outweighs the bad in that lens
same as rozier dropping 40 with no FTs, being all-clutch nba, dunking on KD and then going completely cold despite nobody guarding him
same with hayward going from putting up 30/7/7 games like its nothing then having PTSD out of nowhere as he shows up thinking he's the 4th option on a Brad Stevens team again and only taking 7 shots a night

the theme is this imo - our best players have spent the least amount of time on the team and playing together. they can't establish who the honcho is among themselves let alone the coaches or even the fans

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

But pops needs to shut up and stop trying to shyt on the owner and best player in NBA history.
Yeah he is.

He’s the teams leader in player efficiency rating, box plus minus, and value over replacement player.

He’s the engine of the team they’re different when he’s on the floor. His numbers could be even better but Borrego has a man crush on Devonte Graham and he be on his curmudgeon/rookie hazing shyt.