Latino students make up most of the nation's growth in college degrees over past 5 years

Daps
They had some of the lowest college attendance rates so the increase shouldn't come as a surprise.

The well-off 1st gen Latinos either get educated overseas or at the top universities. The 1st gen working class (construction, farm labor etc), don't go but either their kids or grandkids will get the degrees.

Curious about the gender divide. Blacks and whites tend to have noticeably higher female college degree attainment compared to males.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
I am ADOS on both sides. I was just shouting out the Latinos. I know how hard it is to be a first gen college student and a minority.

Nothing wrong with that BUT that Black and Brown coalition shyt is BS.

I hope you are not on that wave.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
some people in this forum don’t think a college degree is needed, so this shouldn’t bother them.

Yep. We argue on this forum about how college is a scam while others are getting degrees and leaving us behind. Go figure.

But to the current topic, Im happy to see hispanics getting educated and doing well for themselves :manny:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
They had some of the lowest college attendance rates so the increase shouldn't come as a surprise.

The well-off 1st gen Latinos either get educated overseas or at the top universities. The 1st gen working class (construction, farm labor etc), don't go but either their kids or grandkids will get the degrees.

Curious about the gender divide. Blacks and whites tend to have noticeably higher female college degree attainment compared to males.

The pace of progress toward parity varies across different places as well. Looking across the different community profiles, it could take anywhere from 70 to 120 years to close Latino–White gaps on average. But the comparable number for closing Black–White gaps is 120 to 320 years.

black-and-latino-residents-ex5.svgz