Latino Fans Are Moved By "Black Panther: Wakanda Forever" Actor Tenoch Huerta's Comments At Comic-Con

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
How does Namor being "Atlantean" or whatever stop him from being played by Afro Latino actor? :mjpls:

Atlantis isn't real.

A simple google search will show you that Namor has already been depicted as BLACK

namor8.jpg

Which they could have incorporated here, with the culture just being Afro Latino. But it sounds like that aint authentic or possibly even "spanish" enough for you:mjpls:.
I never said Namor had to be Latino, which is my point. There's no rubric for how an Atlantean is supposed to look.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
I'm so confused by the responses in here. Namor was always going to be major in this franchise and his character isn't black. What the fukk yall expect?

TLR is like a rage machine sometimes

That said I wonder who these dudes would cast for namor.

It's easy to say they should've went with an afro Latino but I wanna see them name names ::pachaha:

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Man yall bytch about the dumbest shyt. The wokest and most privy to white supremacy among us are really shocked and that an intellectual property originally conceived and created by white Jews, passed around to the hands of white media conglomerate businesses is throwing in a couple Latinos into a predominantly black film. Who cares.

This is a big ass multimillion dollar blockbuster Disney flick, not a black nationalist meeting. The first priority of this movie and everyone invested is to reach an inclusive audience and make all that damn money back, twice fold. With satisfying black militants on the internet being a very distant second. Because otherwise won't be no more black super hero films--certainly not from damn Walt Disney Company--for yall to bytch over which actors are Latino or "non-FBA." So Instead of waving your fist at the clouds take up all this outrage with Bob Chapek, Mickey Mouse, and all the stock investors and let them laugh in your face.
I'm constantly shocked at the stupidity on this board. "Throwing a Latino into a predominantly black movie". Namor is directly from the comics, where he's had multiple conflicts with T'Challa/Wakanda over the years. They changed his origin to something that they felt made sense. If they kept him his vaguely Asian self, or white would it be "throwing in an Asian or white into a predominantly black movie?". People really just lack critical thinking skills these days.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I never said Namor had to be Latino, which is my point. There's no rubric for how an Atlantean is supposed to look.

Which is exactly what I’m also saying and why I asked the other poster “why couldn’t Namor here be an Afro Latino?” :dahell:,

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I'm constantly shocked at the stupidity on this board. "Throwing a Latino into a predominantly black movie". Namor is directly from the comics, where he's had multiple conflicts with T'Challa/Wakanda over the years. They changed his origin to something that they felt made sense. If they kept him his vaguely Asian self, or white would it be "throwing in an Asian or white into a predominantly black movie?". People really just lack critical thinking skills these days.

Namor could have been an Afro Latino if they wanted to include “Latinos” :mjpls:

The character has already been depicted as Black.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Namor could have been an Afro Latino if they wanted to include “Latinos” :mjpls:

The character has already been depicted as Black.
People bytch just to bytch. What else is new. Outside of the few miserable contrarians on this board, the reaction to the trailer across all races has been overwhelmingly favorable. And I say this as someone who thought strongly they should recast.

“Waaah Namor is a non Afro Latino”. The things people find to whine about