Latepass: Vito Corleone doomed his grandkids in GF1

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Michael is the only one of his 4 sons, including Tom, who didn't die a violent death:

Tom Hagen's Death in The Godfather's Revenge

In 1963, shortly before the president's assassination, while on vacation with his family in Florida, Tom was doing some business for Michael at the Deauville Hotel in Miami, after meeting with Ben Tamarkin and Senator Patrick Geary. He left and was surprised by Nick Geraci who had been hiding in the back of Tom's car and secretly following him for days. He had Tom drive to a rural, swamp filled area and then knocked him unconscious with his pistol.

When he came to, he realized his hands and feet had been duct-taped together and his car was sinking into the swamp and quickly filling with thick, brown water. He then had a memory of meeting Sonny, and being taken in by the Corleone family and his wife Theresa and two sons and two daughters and dies with a happy memory in his head as the water engulfed Tom and the car totally. Though his body was never found, Michael Corleone was sent by Nick Geraci a dead baby alligator with Tom Hagen's wallet in its mouth, to imply that Tom Hagen slept with the alligators. He was 54 years old.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:whoo:

I never read the books as a friend I trust told me they were pretty bad. Maybe I should give them a shot.

You should.

And there’s always the question of whether Vito helped Michael plan the get back or whether he just advised him once he knew that was the plan.

Also I can’t get with you on godfather 3. The shyt is like watching paint dry. It’s got some good ideas even though I don’t think Michael would ever be remorseful for anything he’s done. Ever. Lol but I do like the stuff with the Catholic Church and being pulled back into the life and trying to make things right for his kids. Essentially trying to become Vito. But everyone seems so bored outside of Andy Garcia and the movie feels like this weird b*stard child

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You should.

And there’s always the question of whether Vito helped Michael plan the get back or whether he just advised him once he knew that was the plan.

Also I can’t get with you on godfather 3. The shyt is like watching paint dry. It’s got some good ideas even though I don’t think Michael would ever be remorseful for anything he’s done. Ever. Lol but I do like the stuff with the Catholic Church and being pulled back into the life and trying to make things right for his kids. Essentially trying to become Vito. But everyone seems so bored outside of Andy Garcia and the movie feels like this weird b*stard child
Connie does her thing in 3. She becomes a real team player and is even more down for some Fukk shyt than Michael who is just filled with regret over Fredo the entire movie.

Last edited:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Connie does her thing in 3. She becomes a real team player and is even more down for some Fukk shyt that Michael who is just filled with regret over Fredo the entire movie.
I wondered why Connie suddenly got involved, maybe she felt guilty about getting Sonny killed and that’s why she supported his son so much

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
3 was ruined by 2 things imo

1- pacinos overacting which ican kinda understand. If hes filled with grief iver fredo than its understandable that his personality would change but a lot of us just saw it as pacinos yelling phase.

2. Incest storyline. What in the name of fukk all were they thinking with that shyt. I understand theywere trying to show a strong connection between vincent and her but theu didnt need to go there and it coulda been handled differently with the same ffect. Its straight distracting.

I should watch it again but i remember talia shire and andy garcia being very good in this. I liked the vatican story as well but it needed more work def.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
3 was ruined by 2 things imo

1- pacinos overacting which ican kinda understand. If hes filled with grief iver fredo than its understandable that his personality would change but a lot of us just saw it as pacinos yelling phase.

2. Incest storyline. What in the name of fukk all were they thinking with that shyt. I understand theywere trying to show a strong connection between vincent and her but theu didnt need to go there and it coulda been handled differently with the same ffect. Its straight distracting.

I should watch it again but i remember talia shire and andy garcia being very good in this. I liked the vatican story as well but it needed more work def.
The incest storyline didn't bother me. But uh if Winona did it instead of Sophia Coppola I bet it would have come off better.