Latepass: Vito Corleone doomed his grandkids in GF1

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Sidenote: just caught the Godfather in CINEMA, never seen it on the big screen before :blessed:

I never noticed or really thought about what Vito said at the peace-meeting of the families:

"I swear on my grandchildren that I will not make the first move" - but then he spends the rest of the movie planning the get back with Mike.

Looking at his grandkids:

- Sonny's all grow up fatherless (granted was already the case when Vito says this), but Vincenzo in particular turns to a life of crime and eventually turns the family back to illegality.
- Connie's kids (with Carlo) grow up fatherless and pretty much motherless, as GF2 establishes that she neglects them.
- Fredo doesn't have kids (that we know of)
- Mike's kids grow up in a broken household, his son resents him and his daughter's just nasty. Plus Anthony will have to deal with his sisters murder after GF3.
- If we count Tom's kid, I guess he's the only one we know of who isn't fukked at the end of GF3. But he's not blood :yeshrug:

Just ranting a bit about the GOAT movie :wow:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Godfather 3 is a good movie imo, it just follows two GOAT level movies so the dropoff is significant.

Andy Garcia kills it, and makes it worth it.
Some clown told me there's someone in this movie who gets made godfather in like 3 weeks