Last Rites - AMC's Preacher thread

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Trailer looks like it's gonna be pure shyt, but I expected nothing less from an adaptation of Ennis' magnum opus.

Between this and Lucifer @Mr. Negative gotta be crying buckets.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Dominic Cooper for Jesse Custer? :patrice: Not sure if I'm feeling that choice, nothing.
I have learned to appreciate some of his performances after having a strong dislike initially but this casting choice sux. He doesn't have the height, look or presence not even sure he can pull off a southern accent convincingly. Would have preferred Anson mount, mcconaughey or guy Pearce and if they had to go there an unknown

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Whoever put that trailer together really didn't do this show any favors. They need to do a different trailer that actually makes it clear what the gist of the show is about and features Tulip and Cassidy movie. Especially Cassidy because the character is guaranteed to be a big hit with fans.

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade
judging from that trailer.....doesnt look like this follows the book closely atall.

Why so many brits for a american show where most the characters are hicks or country folks? Is Cassidy even gonna be irish?

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Trailer did nothing for me; didn't even feel like the comic. I'm hoping they're just saving the story for episodes. I'm thinking if they did an outline for the show in that trailer then mu fukkas would be sensitive and try to stop the show from airing before it even gets on air.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Her name is negga :mjlol:

Lol at this though:

It's worth noting that the character as drawn in the original comic book, is white.

What was the point of pointing this out?

Shows probably gonna suck, no way they do the ending that was written.
Smh.
What's the joke in her name? You miss the part about her being Ethiopian?

Negga, Negus...