Last Night in Soho (Thomasin McKenzie, Anya Taylor-Joy) Official Trailer | In Cinemas 10/29

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Had fun with this one even after it lost its footing midway through. It’s stylish and well put together on the production front. Film would shoot up my favorites list if the writing was better though.

Edgar Wright’s movies are visually engaging and I appreciate him taking a more serious approach to horror. This movie is so weird. I loved its usage of colors and all of the Argento nods. I felt more excited for the dreams than Eloise did - the dream transitions were dope to watch on the big screen. The essence of the 60s reigned throughout, and damn did it feel like I was actually there at times. Anya Taylor-Joy’s dizzy highs while dancing were a sight to behold.

I felt bad for Thomasin’s character at the start :to:…..then I felt really bad during a certain scene. That plot watchin’. :shaq:

I actually enjoyed the ending’s message, but that entire final act felt jumbled. Maybe it’ll flow better on a second watch?

:mjlol: at Diana Rigg poisoning another key character. Her performance during that last act was great though - she went out on a good note.

I wanted to shake some sense into Eloise after continuously falling for spiked drinks. :francis:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Went for Eternals but the IMAX projector was fukking up, caught this instead and loved it.

Definitely stretched a bit but it picks up again near the end. Visuals and music and acting all on point.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Saw it on Monday and enjoyed it. 1st movie I watched in a movie theater since Bad Boys back in Jan 2020.

Stumbled a bit towards the end, but it got it's footing back. Starting to realize Edgar has a problem nailing that 3rd act completely.

Legit thought the movie was gonna be about
the anya ghost from the 60s taking over present day Thomasin. Until the old lady kept showing up..and then I figured what the twist probably was. Didn't expect all the other stuff. The trailers definitely made it seem like the movie was something that it wasn't.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Goofy ass movie with a stereotypical black c00n chasing after a mediocre at best white woman for 2hours with no regard for his own well being or life

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Copped this on UHD Blu-ray over the holidays and just watched this last night. Really good movie. Wife and I enjoyed it and she went in thinking it was going to be bland from how it started. Didn't see the twist coming the way it did until it was just about to happen. Looked great visually and it's always a Joy to see Anya...tailor her work. :sas1: