Last Night in Soho (Thomasin McKenzie, Anya Taylor-Joy) Official Trailer | In Cinemas 10/29

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
7qi37t837a171.jpg

:ohhh:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

Honestly he brings up a good point that can apply to a lot of movies in this age. “Official Trailers” be giving out a lot. I’m chillin’ until Day 1. :hubie:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Just got back from seeing this and I have to say I really enjoyed it. The story was really unique and I like the way it turned the way we romanticize the past on its head in many ways. I was worried that the lead actress' voice was gonna get on my nerves, but I got used to it. She was pretty compelling, even if her character was a bit too naive to be plausible.
I mean seriously, going to the police about your visions of the past? :mjlol:Come on girl!
Anya Taylor-Joy is just fun to watch, she has that it factor that just draws you into any scene that she's in. The way her character's story unfolded was just terribly sad, but so well done. You can definitely see how things like that occur. I like the message of the movie, that things are messy. Nothing was really black and white in terms of heroes or villains, and those are my favorite kind of stories. It wasn't scary though, more creepy in a Twilight Zone way. I think if people are looking for horror, they'll probably be disappointed. But I think it's a neat little movie. It wasn't perfect though. The pacing was a little weird, and I think the movie lost its footing midway. It felt like they were stretching it out for no reason but then it picked back up, and then dropped a mega twist.
Anya's character isn't a ghost at all, she's a stone-cold killer in the tradition of Sweeney Todd. There was something so satisfying about knowing she didn't get turned out and ended up killing her pimp. :blessed:
Actually, the twist may explain why the middle didn't work on the first viewing. Now I want to see it again now that I know the twist and see if the movie plays differently.

I'm not sure audiences will like this one, but overall I'd give it a 7.5 for now. Rating may go up after my next viewing.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Started great then fell apart. Anya is so gorgeous:noah: not enough screen time for my liking following zendaya and Ana de Armas this year. Mckenzie was good.