Last Gen or This Gen - which was better?

which gen wa better?

• this gen

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • last gen

Votes: 27 62.8%

• Total voters

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
This gen easily. This gen could go for another 5 years too, but it won't, which burns my ass since we've just really gotten the best that this gen has had to offer.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last

Mass Effect
Dead Space
Max Payne
Edit: how could I forget L4 Dead:wow:

Last edited:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I had much more fun last gen.

-shooters were FLOURISHING
-SF4 was a smash hit and restored the feeling.
-DLC was only in its infancy.
-Party chat hadn't destroyed online communication til late in the gen.
-360 pirating was rampant until we all got banned lol. I wonder if @2gunsup still has that pic of our avi's photoshopped onto swimming survivors of a sinking ship. :russ:

-I never got the feeling game devs/publishers were actively insulting consumers last gen unlike now. :manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This gen easily for me.

First, the function and usability of the hardware is much better. Both Xbox and PlayStation hardware and services were kinda trash last gen.

Second the games have been better. I’ve had a couple games this gen that I can truly say are on my favorites of all time.

Thinking into the future, I don’t think there’s one game from last gen that I would want to play 10-15 years from now. I got a couple from this gen that I know I’ll want to play over and over again far into the future.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Games play and look better than ever before. Less innovation possibly(depending how you look at it), but so many different genres of games have high quality releases this gen. Early access and under baked titles have been an issue. Along with microtransactions breaching the $60 model. I think the good outweighs the bad overall.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
All around this gen for sure.

You guys seem to forget how bad last gen was chugging along there near the end. It definitely had some classics, but the hardware jump this time around and a particular system having backwards compatibility is a plus.

As much as you clowns will not admit it, GTA V was damn near unplayable on the PS3/360. We can’t go back to that kind of subpar performance EVER again. My PS3 froze a few times on some “fukk you for making work like this at damn near 10 years old and shyt”

Also, Nintendo rebounding with the Switch is big.

Last edited:

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
This gen easily for me.

First, the function and usability of the hardware is much better. Both Xbox and PlayStation hardware and services were kinda trash last gen.

Second the games have been better. I’ve had a couple games this gen that I can truly say are on my favorites of all time.

Thinking into the future, I don’t think there’s one game from last gen that I would want to play 10-15 years from now. I got a couple from this gen that I know I’ll want to play over and over again far into the future.

remember when PSN was free tho? :wow:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
You guys seem to forget how bad last gen was chugging along there near the end. It definitely had some classics, but the hardware jump this time around and a particular system having backwards compatibility is a plus.

As much as you clowns will not admit it, GTA V was damn near unplayable on the PS3/360. We can’t go back to that kind of subpar performance EVER again. My PS3 froze a few times on some “fukk you for making work like this at damn near 10 years old and shyt”
remember Skyrim on the PS3? :mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think If i had to give an honest answer, last gen was more fun TO ME. Not that this gen isn't BETTER but last gen there was way too many classics that I was into.

Xbox 360
Gears 1 and 3(I didn't really fukk with 2)
Halo 3/4/Reach (There was nothing like getting Halo 3 at launch)
Online Chat without parties
Flashed drives to pirate games

PS3
Free Online
Uncharted Series(Especially UC2 online :ohlawd: that was my FAVORITE MP experience ever)
God of War 3
The Last of Us
PASBR being a poor man's Smash/Party fighter
FFXIII being better on PS3
Killzone 2 MP

The Wii fad

Hell even the DS was dropping classics.

So far this gen has been excellent but the main thing was I haven't gotten HOOKED on any MP game really. Like, UC4 fell short of my expectations and I dropped it pretty early on meanwhile I played UC2 consistently and for a long period of time.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Toss up on the PlayStation

But for team Larry, definitely last gen :francis:

Now dont you do that SKIP!!!!

giphy.gif

Martha