Last day of Electric Zoo called off after 2 die, 4 critical. Molly being blamed.

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
@The Nigerian those people needed hydration and you and MollyWatr failed them

That's your core demographic you let down

:pacspit:
Dude, I really feel fvcked up whenever this happens. I've witnessed far too many people succumb to the effects of dehydration and overconsumption. It really breaks my heart. Over the summer I've seen a lot of people suffer for lack of water in different bars/clubs/venues/events. I wear the shirt out all the time so a lot of people approach me. It's sad to see people go from playfully asking me for molly to seriously asking (sometimes even begging) for water.

I don't market the safety aspect of my product because that's not an effective way to communicate with this niche but be aware that one of my ambitions is to help prevent situations like this from occurring by promoting hydration as an active part of EDM/Festival/Night life. People need to understand that hydration is just as important as your drinks, your clothes, your crew, and the music when it comes to having a good time going out. Right now it's treated like an afterthought.

This is deeper than glow in the dark bottles, insane parties, hands on boobs and girls twerking. The entire culture surrounding water consumption needs to change.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Nigerian should have been there to keep everyone moist and alive.

ibYaa5tHwvllP.gif
ibYaa5tHwvllP.gif

Seriously, where the fukk is Mollywatr when you need that shyt!!!! :damn:

WTF @The Nigerian

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Dude, I really feel fvcked up whenever this happens. I've witnessed far too many people succumb to the effects of dehydration and overconsumption. It really breaks my heart. Over the summer I've seen a lot of people suffer for lack of water in different bars/clubs/venues/events. I wear the shirt out all the time so a lot of people approach me. It's sad to see people go from playfully asking me for molly to seriously asking (sometimes even begging) for water.

I don't market the safety aspect of my product because that's not an effective way to communicate with this niche but be aware that one of my ambitions is to help prevent situations like this from occurring by promoting hydration as an active part of EDM/Festival/Night life. People need to understand that hydration is just as important as your drinks, your clothes, your crew, and the music when it comes to having a good time going out. Right now it's treated like an afterthought.

This is deeper than glow in the dark bottles, insane parties, hands on boobs and girls twerking. The entire culture surrounding water consumption needs to change.

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...page=12&forumid=26&pagenumber=26#.UiPNVj_IXFA

From what I read in this thread about EZoo, there was plenty of water to go around and plenty of people urging others to stay hydrated. Some people are just retarded and don't even care about partying responsibly or taking drugs responsibly.

It would be nice if a company like Dancesmart (which actually tests MDMA/Ecstasy etc) was around to educate people about the dangers and risks that come with taking mlly...but this is the diffference between the EDM of today and the RAVE scene of yesteryear. I doubt MADE would bring a company like dancesmart in because Ezoo/Hardfest are trying so hard to not associate themselves with raves/massives/plur (no neon, glowsticks, camelpaks are allowed at most of the events they throw).

The Nigerian

Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...page=12&forumid=26&pagenumber=26#.UiPNVj_IXFA

From what I read in this thread about EZoo, there was plenty of water to go around and plenty of people urging others to stay hydrated. Some people are just retarded and don't even care about partying responsibly or taking drugs responsibly.
People seriously don't understand how to market hydration to this niche. That's something that makes MOLLYWATR different. It's not a doding mother making pontificating about "responsibility" and "safety." People don't respond to that, especially in the context of having a good time when going out in this scene. We're really revolutionizing the way people look at and interact with water. Turning it from something that takes you out of the moment to something that keeps you in the moment.

It would be nice if a company like Dancesmart (which actually tests MDMA/Ecstasy etc) was around to educate people about the dangers and risks that come with taking mlly...but this is the diffference between the EDM of today and the RAVE scene of yesteryear. I doubt MADE would bring a company like dancesmart in because Ezoo/Hardfest are trying so hard to not associate themselves with raves/massives/plur (no neon, glowsticks, camelpaks are allowed at most of the events they throw).
One thing that we find ourselves combatting with MOLLYWATR is the dishonesty surrounding this scene. People want to pretend like what's going on isn't and the charades are putting festival goers at risk and costing some unfortunate few their lives. These companies know what the situation is and what they're making money off of. What needs to change is the culture. This whole "I get fukked up but I do so secretly and that makes it okay" attitude has gotta go. The idea that drugs aren't a part of this scene in a profound way is a lie told by dishonest hypocrites that want to maintain an air of superiority over those that really are there to enjoy themselves.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
People seriously don't understand how to market hydration to this niche. That's something that makes MOLLYWATR different. It's not a doding mother making pontificating about "responsibility" and "safety." People don't respond to that, especially in the context of having a good time when going out in this scene. We're really revolutionizing the way people look at and interact with water. Turning it from something that takes you out of the moment to something that keeps you in the moment.

One thing that we find ourselves combatting with MOLLYWATR is the dishonesty surrounding this scene. People want to pretend like what's going on isn't and the charades are putting festival goers at risk and costing some unfortunate few their lives. These companies know what the situation is and what they're making money off of. What needs to change is the culture. This whole "I get fukked up but I do so secretly and that makes it okay" attitude has gotta go. The idea that drugs aren't a part of this scene in a profound way is a lie told by dishonest hypocrites that want to maintain an air of superiority over those that really are there to enjoy themselves.

Drugs have always been apart of "the scene" since the 90s. The scene just changed. The difference is that the people doing them atleast had some sort of sense of responsibility towards it and it weren't so blatant and acting stupid about it.

"EDM" festivals in America are just so commercialized, corporatized, and monopolized at this point in time. Why do people think this is a new phenomenon?

The Nigerian

Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
Drugs have always been apart of "the scene" since the 90s. The scene just changed. The difference is that the people doing them atleast had some sort of sense of responsibility towards it and it weren't so blatant and acting stupid about it.

"EDM" festivals in America are just so commercialized, corporatized, and monopolized at this point in time. Why do people think this is a new phenomenon?
The only difference is the presence of social media popularizing what was once just a sub-culture. It's no longer secret. Everyone likes doing what goes down in "the scene." It's carnal human sh!t, really.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Real talk ... @The Nigerian might actually be able to profit off of this. Not off of their deaths, but it's obvious that kids don't know about the need to stay hydrated.

For what it's worth I went through ezoo's twitter, and they've been promoting those free water stations heavy all weekend.

The Nigerian

Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
Real talk ... @The Nigerian might actually be able to profit off of this. Not off of their deaths, but it's obvious that kids don't know about the need to stay hydrated.
Seriously, people think that drinking a beer is enough to keep them hydrated. It might sound dumb, but yeah, there are A LOT of people that think this way. People don't realize that in a night out you can burn as many calories as playing an afternoon of half-court with your friends. Could you imagine taking a break in between games and downing some scotch whiskey in an effort to get hydrated? Well, that's what's going on in these different settings.

Daps
:what:

@The Nigerian from whence dost the virtue of MollyWatr in the face of this tragedy? I require the blood of these 6 young persons at thy hand:birdman:

Cursed be the name of MollyWatr™:birdman:

Last edited:

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This reminds of EDM at Metlife. One of my friends was front row when Afroojack came on. She said she was thirsty and almost fainted but she didnt wanna give up front row :damn: She was almost passed out when she cooled down and got some water. She definitely wasnt on Molly though. She doesnt even smoke weed. :patrice: