Larian Studios founder Swen Vincke says no to studio buyouts

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

The company caught Microsoft's eye as a potential acquisition in 2021, but although Larian finds the attention "flattering," it's just not interested.

I'm getting older, but I'm certainly not done yet," the Larian CEO told Bloomberg, who worried that a monolithic corporate owner like Microsoft could end up limiting the studio creatively in the pursuit of profit. To be fair, Microsoft has been—by all accounts—relatively hands-off with its myriad acquired studios over the last couple of years (sometimes to their detriment), but I could definitely imagine a world in which BG3 isn't as wildly ambitious—or as replete with distinct genital tailoring options—because of a corporation's oversight.

:wow:

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This doesn't qualify as SSN

You reaching
If post this thread and you replaced MS with Sony I wonder if you'd feel the same :jbhmm:

Searching for the hurt, next thing you know they gonna be posting spider-man threads in there
No one is posting anything about PlayStation breh. Y'all in your feelings over a 3rd party exclusive threads from 2 to 3 months ago.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If post this thread and you replaced MS with Sony I wonder if you'd feel the same :jbhmm:

No one is posting anything about PlayStation breh. Y'all in your feelings over a 3rd party exclusive threads from 2 to 3 months ago.

Not really sure what you’r’e talking about.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I just see a founder that hasn't been offered enough. Everyone has a price.
Seems like a bit of projection. The only reason they were able to be as creative as they have been is due to putting out an unfinished product as a means of crowd sourcing. If they didn’t sell 2.5 million copies early they’d have had to make some cuts to overall product.

That much is witnessed by them expanding after EA.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
thats not true. A lot of studios value their autonomy, Remedy, CDPR, Super Giant, ioi, Kojima, Asobo studios, etc.
The “studio” may value their autonomy.

The dude walking away with millions(billions:wow:) don’t give a fukk.

Dude probably has a family. Imagine if he’s telling his family “naw i’d rather continue to work 70 hour weeks instead of cashing this billion dollar check”

One day that shyt ain’t gon work anymore. Wife and kids gon be like “fukk your games fam” :manny:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
And people wonder why we have all these lazy ass annual releases and non creative ass open world games.

fukk yo creativity, get the bag…