Laptop Battery won’t charge while plugged in

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Have the same issue..After researching i still don't know if it's the battery or the charger. If i start up with charger in, i boot up in some fukked up power saving state that's borderline unusable, even crackling sound. I have to remove battery, reinsert it and then plug the charger into laptop port before starting up to boot normally.

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Could be the adapter. I spent a stupid amount of time and energy on my laptop back in the day that could've been solved by a $30 bootleg adapter.

Adapter > battery > something else.

Just have a tech do it.

It doesn't take much to open up a laptop. Now is a good as time as any to learn how. Not like it's the screen or something.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Have the same issue..After researching i still don't know if it's the battery or the charger. If i start up with charger in, i boot up in some fukked up power saving state that's borderline unusable, even crackling sound. I have to remove battery, reinsert it and then plug the charger into laptop port before starting up to boot normally.

Take out the battery and plug in the adapter. If it boots up with no issues it’s the battery.

Could be the adapter. I spent a stupid amount of time and energy on my laptop back in the day that could've been solved by a $30 bootleg adapter.

Adapter > battery > something else.

It doesn't take much to open up a laptop. Now is a good as time as any to learn how. Not like it's the screen or something.

I don’t think it’s the adapter. The computer works with the adapter plugged in with no battery.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My macbook pro just died on my again thinking I have to buy another lighting connection joint...this will be the 3rd one shyt never happened with my bullshyt windows computers

The magnet connects i clean the connector/connection but it doesn't charge but i do have a cut in it

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
I never used this laptop every day. I guess it’s just old.

How do I go about getting a new one? Would I have to order online?
Try to find a 2 in 1 tablet/laptop combo with a I5 processor or better if u use it for shyt like watching 4k videos and shyt like that.

Imo, ALWAYS grab Windows devices cause Android and Apple apways has limitations. Try to find a Surface Pro 3 or better

Kenyan West

lazy fba philly nikka,
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Happened to me a couple of months ago with my surface laptop. Turns out, it wasn't the battery or the adapter, it was software related. Whatever part of windows recognizes when the plug is in and allows the laptop to charge got corrupted somehow.

I simply updated windows and every file related to the charge port/drivers and I was back in the game watchin xvideos like a mf :shaq:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Try to find a 2 in 1 tablet/laptop combo with a I5 processor or better if u use it for shyt like watching 4k videos and shyt like that.

Imo, ALWAYS grab Windows devices cause Android and Apple apways has limitations. Try to find a Surface Pro 3 or better

I'm not looking to upgrade my laptop.

Happened to me a couple of months ago with my surface laptop. Turns out, it wasn't the battery or the adapter, it was software related. Whatever part of windows recognizes when the plug is in and allows the laptop to charge got corrupted somehow.

I simply updated windows and every file related to the charge port/drivers and I was back in the game watchin xvideos like a mf :shaq:

I'm on Windows 7. Never used this laptop online; tried updating, but it took too damn long. I think I'll leave it on for an hour or 2 before going out to look for a battery.

The battery icon says, "plugged in, charging." There's no "X" icon on the battery symbol.