Laptop Battery won’t charge while plugged in

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I last used this laptop about a month ago. It was fine, but I noticed the battery wouldn’t charge pass 90%. This was happening before, but I paid it no mind.

I finally use it again and it wouldn’t turn on. Figured the battery didn’t have juice. I plug it in, go about my business. About an hour later the battery wasn’t charging. It stayed at 0% while plugged in.

I searched online on how to try to fix it. Uninstalling it didn’t work. I’m currently looking for driver updates but it’s taking forever.

I’ve had this laptop for about 5 years. Is the battery dead?

EDIT: looks like I need a new battery. I might check driver updates again and leave it on for a few hours.

Last edited:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
laptops are designed to fail these days, yet those old ass ibms with the red dot for the mouse still work without problems lmao

3057.jpg

Thinkpad T42 the fukking GAWD:wow::damn:

The Nokia Phone of Laptops:banderas:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Batteries go bad in laptops every 5+ years or so. I just had to replace my MacBook Pro Mid 2012 battery a couple weeks ago even though it was pretty much done way before then. You can tell when you take off the back of your laptop, look at the battery and it's slightly puffy or if it's getting harder to click your touch pad. It means that the battery if pushing up on the touch pad

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Batteries go bad in laptops every 5+ years or so. I just had to replace my MacBook Pro Mid 2012 battery a couple weeks ago even though it was pretty much done way before then. You can tell when you take off the back of your laptop, look at the battery and it's slightly puffy or if it's getting harder to click your touch pad. It means that the battery if pushing up on the touch pad

This shyt is pissing me off. I’m gonna try one more technique before I search out a new battery. :francis:

I stopped with the driver update search. It was taking too damn long. :beli: