Ladies would you ever join a public speaking club?

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
I'm an active member of a Toastmaster club past 7 years.I have seen plenty of sistas visit or join.Then you hear same excuse from them "I'm too afraid to talk in front of people" "It's not for me". Whenever I go to Toastmaster conventions it's majority whites there.Has any of y'all tried to go to classes?Member?

Regine Hunter

Captain Fupa
Supporter
Daps
i was invited to join the Ebony Toastmasters club in toronto, but because I don't live there a significant amount of time i had to decline. I know if I did I'd definitely come out of my shell alot more.

find some black focused toastmasters clubs. Best way is on the meetups website

tater

Superstar
Daps
I'm an active member of a Toastmaster club past 7 years.I have seen plenty of sistas visit or join.Then you hear same excuse from them "I'm too afraid to talk in front of people" "It's not for me". Whenever I go to Toastmaster conventions it's majority whites there.Has any of y'all tried to go to classes?Member?

A friend of mine did this and urged me to go. He said they just give speeches and what not. What exactly does it entail? I would give it a try...

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
A friend of mine did this and urged me to go. He said they just give speeches and what not. What exactly does it entail? I would give it a try...
You don't have to give a speech until you become a member .As a guest you can participate in "Table Topics" which is basically random questions to help you in case you need to enhance conversation skills.Its worth it though.You would be surprised how fun it can be.It sounds tedious at first but it will help.Check it out

Daps
I never heard of the organization until you brought it up. My job and volunteer work required public speaking so I rather be prepared than look silly. I'm not even sure there is a chapter of toastmasters in my area

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
I never heard of the organization until you brought it up. My job and volunteer work required public speaking so I rather be prepared than look silly. I'm not even sure there is a chapter of toastmasters in my area
It's an actual organization been around over 90nyears.Yep not many people know about it,because they don't market it towards us African Americans.Once I found out and realize the impact I definetely made sure to spread the word :blessed: